Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stove and radiator question

• 03-01-2012 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

So first two things, sorry if this is the wrong place for this question and I know the question is like asking how long is a piece of string but I've heard this is a good place for advice and thats what Im looking for.

Thinking about installing a stove and hooking it up to the heating system (kerosene oil) to heat 16 radiators.

Does anyone have a ball park how much it might cost?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 armani2281

if i was u i would get a solid fuel stove it would be better.with the price of oil and all.just put in one my self that dose 14 rad and it is spot on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Stove Fan

Creat wrote: »
    So first two things, sorry if this is the wrong place for this question and I know the question is like asking how long is a piece of string but I've heard this is a good place for advice and thats what Im looking for.

Thinking about installing a stove and hooking it up to the heating system (kerosene oil) to heat 16 radiators.

Does anyone have a ball park how much it might cost?

Thanks

Hi:) As you say it's very hard to say, it depends on size of stove needed, chimney requirements and plumbing needs.

As a very rough guess 2,500-4,000 The stove could cost 1,500-2000 on it's own,. It will probably be a big un to heat that number:eek:
    You need a plumber in to calculate the size of boiler stove to heat the rads/ Domestic hot water and room heat needed with the stove in.

Stove Fan:)

Advertisement