Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kinnegar Brewery

Options
  • 03-01-2012 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

I recently had a couple of ales that came from a brewery in Kinnegar near Rathmullan and they were lovely but nobody seems to know where they can be bought locally.

One of the ales was called 'limeburner' and the other was called 'devils backbone'. anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭muckish

At the moment I think they are only available in hampers from the a certain wine shop in Letterkenny. (might have just been for the xmas market). Word has that there are plans to extend the availability of the beers this year. Haven't tasted it myself but I I like the idea of microbreweries offering something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭overshoot

would love more microbrewery stuff (its not why i live next to the porterhouse in dublin, honest!) only non mainstream thing going around donegal town seems to be the bottle of red hughs. if it wasnt for good guinness id go mad i say! (although a good beamish is better)

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Focalbhach

I'd love to hear more about this - what were the two ales like? Hopefully they'll start getting stocked in some of the local pubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭DoneDL

Would be great to see a local beer for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭bettlebrox

I'd be interested in learn more too. I can't even find a web site for the brewery, nor anything on Beeradvocate. There are a few references on other sites about promotions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Didn't want to start a new thread but they now have a website http://kinnegarbrewing.com/

Those in Donegal can pick it up in the White Harte (among others) and it's made it up to Dublin too. Not bad at all as a brew, which is good since the old geezer just told me he got about 12 bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭treccie

Lovely ale, santa brought me some. Great to hear of local start ups where demand is higher than supply. Hope they continue to grow.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭bettlebrox

I was in Dublin over Xmas and The Black Sheep Pub on Chapel street have their beer. Also 2 lads from Donegal Town work there, so drop in, say hello and have a Donegal Ale. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭babaracus

Just spotted these Kinnegar beers in McHughs Off Licence on the Malahide Road. Bought two of them - Limeburner (described as a "Northern Pale Ale") and Scraggy Bay (India Pale Ale).

Both very enjoyable indeed and worth a try.

Advertisement