Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12KY***

Options
  • 03-01-2012 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭

With Rosslare no longer starting the issue of vehicle registrations in each year from #201 and upwards, we will now see more single and two digit issues again. :)
    Heres one i saw today, anyone have anything earlier?
    [URL="javascript:void(0);"]015.jpg[/URL]

Still costs 1000eu to book one if you want a particular number, anyone nutty enough to have done that!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭shergar22

Usually Adams in Tralee book the first KY plate, it may have been in the showroom when you were there

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

With Rosslare no longer starting the issue of vehicle registrations in each year from #201 and upwards, we will now see more single and two digit issues again. :)
    Heres one i saw today, anyone have anything earlier?
    015.jpg

Still costs 1000eu to book one if you want a particular number, anyone nutty enough to have done that!?

It would probably be cheaper for you to change your name by deed poll to match the registration number, than pay €1000 for a not so special plate.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Molzer2

Hope their parking improves:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Saw two today

12ky 111

12ky 54

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Jul3s

Vain wrote: »
    Saw two today

12ky 111

12ky 54
    Heh I saw one last week!.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Jul3s wrote: »
    Heh I saw one last week!.:p

Where doubt you seen it driving on the roads! If it was in a car dealers doesnt count :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

this should be in the obnoxious parking thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

this should be in the obnoxious parking thread!
    By buying a 4x4 it automatically entitles you to park/double park anywhere. Just don't forget your:
    September-13-2011-19-28-18-6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Saw three today, two in Killarney and one in Tralee, hadn't seen any until now. One was a big black Merc, dealership must have loved him! :)

Acoshla wrote: »
    Saw three today, two in Killarney and one in Tralee, hadn't seen any until now. One was a big black Merc, dealership must have loved him! :)

He probably was a dealership, unless Nama bought it for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59,610 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

McElligotts on the Listowel Road had 7 mid-to-large-sized Mercedes all with a sold sign on them in late December. Also at least 1 Land Rover Discovery and possibly a smattering of 'more normal cars' too - good start to the year there :)

McElligotts on the Listowel Road had 7 mid-to-large-sized Mercedes all with a sold sign on them in late December. Also at least 1 Land Rover Discovery and possibly a smattering of 'more normal cars' too - good start to the year there :)

The "Sold" signs could have been for show.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

ejmaztec wrote: »
    The "Sold" signs could have been for show.:D

They weren't, Mercs always sell well.
    Personally I think buying a new car is an idiotic thing to do and a waste of money. There's massive value out there second hand.

Interesting to note that 12ky13 has not been issued....

Whatever will happen next year......:D

2014?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

12b KY **** perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

I havent seen any 12 KY registrations yet, I'll have to take a spin around the posh areas :)

dmeehan wrote: »
    I havent seen any 12 KY registrations yet, I'll have to take a spin around the posh areas :)

Watch out for the razor-wire on top of the 20 feet high wall, not to mention the crocodiles in the moat surrounding the compound.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭jtown

saw a 2012 Audi A4 yesterday.. class

They are up to about 12KY350 or so now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

They are up to about 12KY350 or so now.

Does that mean car sales are off to a good start? With the scrappage gone and the economy continuing to decline I would have thought new car sales would have gone off a cliff.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

Who owns 12-KY-345 ?

amadain wrote: »
    Who owns 12-KY-345 ?
    Dunno, but its a Skoda Superb bought on 17/01/12...

kn wrote: »
    Does that mean car sales are off to a good start? With the scrappage gone and the economy continuing to decline I would have thought new car sales would have gone off a cliff.
    Hard to say, i guess theres still people out there with plenty of shillings. Proof will be in the middle of the year sales i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

In Killarney this afternoon, a Citroen C5 12KY40 ... The driver today would want to learn where the indicators are though :rolleyes: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

Dunno, but its a Skoda Superb bought on 17/01/12...

Yeah,

A handy site

https://www.motorcheck.ie/free-car-check/12KY345

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

Just spotted on radiokerry.ie:

23 Jan 2012
    Kerry people opting to import second hand cars rather than buy new ones according to CSO

Kerry people are opting to import second hand cars rather than buy new ones according to figures from the Central Statistics Office. Over the past year there's been an 85% decrease in new cars being licensed in Kerry, but a 68% increase in imported cars being licensed.

In December there were 101 cars licensed in Kerry; 5 were new but 96 were imports. However a year earlier 92 were licensed; 35 new and 57 imports. Nationally there was a 60% increase in the number of cars imported between December 2010 to December 2011.

This would imply that almost all of the car dealerships in Kerry didn't sell a single car in the whole of December...

Quaderno wrote: »
    Just spotted on radiokerry.ie:

23 Jan 2012
    Kerry people opting to import second hand cars rather than buy new ones according to CSO

Kerry people are opting to import second hand cars rather than buy new ones according to figures from the Central Statistics Office. Over the past year there's been an 85% decrease in new cars being licensed in Kerry, but a 68% increase in imported cars being licensed.

In December there were 101 cars licensed in Kerry; 5 were new but 96 were imports. However a year earlier 92 were licensed; 35 new and 57 imports. Nationally there was a 60% increase in the number of cars imported between December 2010 to December 2011.

This would imply that almost all of the car dealerships in Kerry didn't sell a single car in the whole of December...
    Thank you for this!

This would go someway towards explaining SIMIs retarded new import registration series that started on 5/12/11.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ciaeim

saw 12 C 541 in town today, some car.

• Advertisement

Kerry5472.57%
    Kerry had 547 new cars registered in the month of January, of a total of 21,313 countrywide, taking 2.57% of the market.

And here is #1.
    IMG_2605.jpg

Advertisement