Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logitech Revue with Google TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,020 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Anybody else having trouble accessing us Netflix with their revue with the unblock-us DNS settings? Had been operating flawlessly but finding now that each time I try to access, I'm getting the " Netflix up available - please try later " message. A reboot, sometimes twice, has resolved it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭banchang

Zilog wrote: »
    Cue 'IT Crowd':
    "Have you tried switching it off and on again"?

- seriously, the Revue can seem to get a bit backlogged, so a hardware reset (pull power for 1 minute) should help.
    You can try a soft reset first (Hold down Ctrl + Alt + Delete) to see if it works.

RTE Player XL works fine on mine. Flash on the Chrome browser does have a tendancy to crash from time to time.
    Here's hoping us Revue owners get the Honeycomb 3.2 update that rolled out to Sony Google TV owners last week. I believe it includes a Chrome update + hardware acceleration.

Thanks for suggestions, all tried, none work.

Now when I fire up RTE Player I get the standard 'gold circle' as the Player loads, but then I get a message

'CL Error'

& I'm stuck.

Help appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Zilog

banchang wrote: »
    Thanks for suggestions, all tried, none work.

Now when I fire up RTE Player I get the standard 'gold circle' as the Player loads, but then I get a message

'CL Error'

& I'm stuck.

Help appreciated.
    Are you linking to the standard RTE Player, or the Player XL?
    Mine works perfectly linking to the Player XL:
    http://www.rte.ie/playerxl/

The Player XL is a bit better designed for TV browsing (except for the bloody 'Click anywhere to begin' splash!)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Mickery

Airdroid is a great app for managing your phone from any browser. It works on the Revue although the display is a bit buggy.

Cool feature: it allows you to export installed APK files.

I can now easily export any app installed on my phone and then import the APK file to my Revue using Airdroid. Previously I was downloading APKs from dodgy websites so that I could side load them on the Revue.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭patq16

Mickery wrote: »
    Airdroid is a great app for managing your phone from any browser. It works on the Revue although the display is a bit buggy.

Cool feature: it allows you to export installed APK files.

I can now easily export any app installed on my phone and then import the APK file to my Revue using Airdroid. Previously I was downloading APKs from dodgy websites so that I could side load them on the Revue.

Hi there ..
    This is a cool app ok but could you recommend some apps that you have working on the GTV because nearly all the ones if have installed from my phone keep telling me that (Portrait mode is not available for this app) and then exits to revue home page.

Cheers

• Advertisement

patq16 wrote: »
    Hi there ..
    This is a cool app ok but could you recommend some apps that you have working on the GTV because nearly all the ones if have installed from my phone keep telling me that (Portrait mode is not available for this app) and then exits to revue home page.

Cheers

Here's a list of working apps:

http://forum.gtvhacker.com/apps-and-suggestions/topic18.html

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭pjjk90

Has anyone tried the Sky Go app out on the Revue yet? Would be interesting to see if it works

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Amigaman

yep I tried it ...and nope it doesnt work..:-(

Anyone able to update the Marketplace to the new Google Play.My Revue is just saying "Market for Google Tv requires an update"

..Updating....

Has been like that for ages, Tried ctrl/alt/delete and power off but will still not update.
    Just wondering if someone here could check out theirs to see how they get on.

Cheers..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Anyone able to update the Marketplace to the new Google Play.My Revue is just saying "Market for Google Tv requires an update"

..Updating....

Has been like that for ages, Tried ctrl/alt/delete and power off but will still not update.
    Just wondering if someone here could check out theirs to see how they get on.

Cheers..

Yep here too! same thing, update downloading... next morning still waiting.
    Had a feeling it was something to do with unblock-us but using the phones 3g didn't sort it. Cleared the cache from the android market app but also didn't help.

Wonder if the new market 'google play' can be side loaded?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ttwiv

Anyone able to update the Marketplace to the new Google Play...M
    Cheers..

I am having the same problem. Did anyone get their Google Play update to work on the Revue?

Same problem updating Google TV Market here also. There's a thread on Logitech official support forum on it:
    http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Revue/Google-Play-on-Logitech-Revue/td-p/806687
    Looks like problem is also for units within the US too - see post #9 on above link.

Maybe this will encourage Logitech to push out the Android 3.2 update they're working on more quickly to solve this and other issues. See comment #19 on recent Gigaom post from Google TV Team:
    http://gigaom.com/video/google-tv-number-of-active-devices/

Certainly looking forward to Enhanced HLS being enabled with the Android 3.2 update to release the full power of Plex. However even without it Plex, and the Google TV itself, is very useful.

Managed to install and run Google Play.

Upgraded my Android phone to Google Play.
    Used Airdroid to export the APK file.
    Saved APK file to Dropbox.
    Installed APK file on the Revue.

Tested by downloading and installing Launcher Pro (which also works on the Revue).

Tested by downloading and installing Launcher Pro (which also works on the Revue).

What's the verdicton it mickery? Any use ? Also, any chance you could email the apk to us?

dodzy wrote: »
    What's the verdicton it mickery? Any use ? Also, any chance you could email the apk to us?

It seems to work fine. As with most of these things we don't have much of a choice but to upgrade. I was surprised it let me replace a system app.

PM your e-mail address.

Did that and lets up update once more :) however it doesn't look like it's the right one for the Logitech, looks like it's just the phone one blown up to fit the screen. But hey a working market is a working market!

god's toy wrote: »
    Did that and lets up update once more :) however it doesn't look like it's the right one for the Logitech, looks like it's just the phone one blown up to fit the screen. But hey a working market is a working market!

That's correct, I simply exported it from my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭brimal

Hey guys I have a question - Is the Revue discontinued now? I wanted to get one but there is no option to buy it on their site, all other products are available though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

brimal wrote: »
    Hey guys I have a question - Is the Revue discontinued now? I wanted to get one but there is no option to buy it on their site, all other products are available though.

yes i'm afraid it is

but can still be bought on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_3/191-2518352-7704532?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=logitech+revue&sprefix=log%2Caps%2C685

Up until last night I had been unable to update Market to Google Play.
    Tried it last night and updated no problem. Seems identical except for name change.
    BTW I'm not running a VPN or other trickery, just connected to Irish broadband supplier (Digiweb).

• Advertisement

Zilog wrote: »
    Up until last night I had been unable to update Market to Google Play.
    Tried it last night and updated no problem. Seems identical except for name change.
    BTW I'm not running and VPN or other trickery, just connected to Irish broadband supplied (Digiweb).

Yep here too, was able to update the app and its now showing up as play not market.
    lol have two apps now for it!

Same here with the update. What's the story with the us Netflix workaround by the way? I heard somewhere that this was a taboo subject ? :confused:

The Google Play update seems to be sorted ok ..Just to let people know i had to do a soft reset this evening before the updating happened ..Was stuck on "updating still" Updated in seconds when it rebooted. Ctrl/Alt/Delete..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Are there any Google TV set top boxes in the works from companies other than Logitech?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Fungus wrote: »
    Are there any Google TV set top boxes in the works from companies other than Logitech?

Yes, just google "new google tv" and you will get news on boxes coming from a number of manufacturers.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Market still won't update for me. Tried soft reboot, hard reboot, nothing works.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Anyone getting a message about a new update for the revue?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Not yet but there are reports from other non-US folk that they have received it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

yes it seems true

http://www.talkandroid.com/115374-logitech-revue-gets-android-3-2-update-with-many-bug-fixes/
    It’s rolling out in stages and they have promised that all Revues will be updated by the end of the week. Hit the break for the full changelog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

1. From your Revue, head into Settings>Apps>All.
    2. Search for Google Services Framework.
    3. Once found, tap on it and choose “Force stop.”
    4. Then choose “Clear data.”
    5. Back out of Apps to your About page in Settings and check for the System update

Saw the above on the Logitech Revue forum and it has just worked for me - now running Honeycomb.

At first glance Chrome is running faster and the Google music app is preloaded.

Advertisement