Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NUK soothers

Options
  • 03-01-2012 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    My little man will only take NUK soothers. I got one free at the pregnancy and baby fair last year, and got 2 in a hamper that was a gift, but 3 isn't enough especially as I don't run the steriliser that often.
    Anyone know anywhere that stocks them? I've tried everywhere in Dundrum TC.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Bradleys Pharmacy do them if there is one on the Southside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I have seen them in Sam McCauleys and also some independent pharmacies.

Edit: Just checked Sam McCauleys online, you can buy them here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Here too: http://shop.eumom.ie/Departments/Shop-by-Brand/NUK/NUK-Soothers.aspx

Much cheaper on Amazon, but shipping to Ireland is a joke. My little one wont take a soother, but she'll only take a nuk bottle, so I've been trying to find the soother. At the minute she uses me as a soother! May buy 1 of these & if they work get some shipped to my brother in London & collect them when I visit in Feb.

Actually, just bought a pack of 2 from Ebay. Also bought food pots & stuff. Hope she'll take the soothers now, or else I'll have a pack of 2 to spare liliq! Have about 10 soothers here going to waste because she just spits them straight back out!

Ah god girls. It's just typical. After I went & bought 2 nuk soothers for £6.69 on ebay, not even knowing whether she'll take them or not, I went to the square in Tallaght this afternoon & Health Express on the bottom floor have the 2 packs for €4.35 or something like that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Do they have the clear rubber part or is it that kinda yellowy colour?
    I'm not sure why, but I have real mental block about the yellowy ones, they rubber feels funny and the clear ones just seem cleaner!

I was in mccabes in dundrum today and they seem to have NUK ones now, maybe they were just out of stock when I was there before. They're mostly they yellowy ones though :/

• Advertisement

liliq wrote: »
    Do they have the clear rubber part or is it that kinda yellowy colour?
    I'm not sure why, but I have real mental block about the yellowy ones, they rubber feels funny and the clear ones just seem cleaner!

I was in mccabes in dundrum today and they seem to have NUK ones now, maybe they were just out of stock when I was there before. They're mostly they yellowy ones though :/

Think they have both, but its the yellow latex ones I want as I use the yellow teats on her nuk bottles. They're soft, so hoping she may take it when I know she's not hungry and just wants comforting.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭meg3178

Also check out the soother sterilisers in Boots and Mothercare. I got one to put in a hamper for my cousin's baby and she takes it everywhere. Costs about 5e and sterilises in the microwave in 30 seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

We got ours from either McCabes, Hickeys or Dunnes. Our baby was the same, would only take to Nuk, I'm 99% Dunnes have them anyway.

McCabes had a load of them in today and getting more in bu the sounds of it! They're mostly the yellow ones except for disney ones. Got two of the yellow ones, I'm sure they're pretty much the same only slightly softer. I'm just being weird!!
    (also, I dont actually live in dundrum TC despite posting about being there nearly every day! Haven't had a chance to do a big shop so I'm walking to Tesco nearly every day to get a bit of walk and food!!)

I got a clevamama soother sterilser in McCabes today as well... it was a tenner and sterilises in 60 seconds! I don't know why I didn't think of getting one before!! Thanks :)

Feck, I'll look in Dunnes when I get there to do a proper shop, never thought of them! I might stock up on the size 2 ones from there! :)

Ha ha, nah, we only used the clear ones too,

• Advertisement

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Ha ha, nah, we only used the clear ones too,

I've been giving him the yellow ones today... I don't think he likes them as much :/ I think he's preferring the clear ones at the moment cos he's teething and there's a bit of a chew on them. I'll really have to check Dunnes and see if I can get a stock of them, can't see them lasting long if he wants to use them a teething chews!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

We get ours in dunnes

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Jenniflower87

we use them as well. Dunnes and Boots sell them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭doubletrouble?

bradly's pharmacy in blanch S.C. have a great range. picked up a few there this morning for 0-6 months soft.

I just realised I picked up the op wrong from the beginning, I thought you meant the nuk teats for the bottle which were the only ones our daughter would use, not soothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Do you sterilise the soother case ?

Nope... I think it says in the instructions that come with the soothers that the case isn't suitable for sterilisation. I think the case is just packaging really, to protect them in transit after being manufactured. I just dumped the case once I'd taken the soothers out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

So how do you carry the soothers around - how often do you sterilise them ?

I keep them in a breastmilk storage bag with the medicine syringe and any other little bits.
    At the moment I'm sterilising 7-10 of them every day cos I'm keeping them cold in the fridge for him as he's teething at the moment.
    I can't really remember how often I sterilised them before that! Probably whenever the steriliser was run- once they've hit the floor I usually change them over anyway, as he's still only v young yet. The clips are great for not letting them fall too far though :)

Advertisement