Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revell Bismacrk 1/350

Options
  • 03-01-2012 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

I've been given a Revell Bismarck 1/350 kit along with about 20 tins of paint to paint it! Anyone care to estimate how many hours it should take me to build it, bearing in mind I haven't made a model for nearly 30 years.

Are there any Irish modeling fora that are recommended?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

I havent done a whole lot of ships, but did a 1/350 missouri a while ago.
    I reckon building it out of the box shouldnt take you more than a few evenings.
    You will find yourself getting a little production line going with all the guns and things and get through it suprisingly quickly.

Have fun though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Done a USS Indianappolis 1:350 IIRC a few years ago. I like to take my time doing them so it took a little over a week, worth the effort though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

from all the reviews iv read its a fantastic kit.

I would get some after market photo etch to get greater detail
    http://www.ka-models.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=63_66_69

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

Thanks folks, maybe not as daunting as I first thought then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭2011abc

Hmmm not sure Id agree with previous posters.It would be hard to imagine a a much bigger kit to recieve as a casual reintroduction to the hobby after a 30 year layoff...Depends how much care you want to put into it but its surely not one to rush into .I would have thought that even at 2-3 hours a night this project would take well over a week ...

http://www.adverts.ie/models/selection-of-airfix-revell-etc-style-models-planes-battleship/1196989

Cheap smaller scale Revell Bismarck for sale here in Dublin you could try cutting your teeth on .

• Advertisement
Advertisement