Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

(UK) Stephen Lawrence murder - Dobson & Norris Guilty

• 03-01-2012 8:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

This must be such a relief for Stephen Lawrence's parents after 19 years...
    Gary Dobson and David Norris have been found guilty of the murder of Stephen Lawrence, the black teenager stabbed to death by a gang of white youths at a London bus stop in 1993.

The pair have spent their entire adult lives denying any involvement in one of the most high-profile unsolved cases in British history. So who are they?

To the British public, Gary Dobson and David Norris have come to be defined by the death of Stephen Lawrence. They were among five white youths from Eltham in south-east London arrested shortly after the 18-year-old was killed there.

Dobson, who was 17 at the time and attending a college, lived with his parents and younger sister on the nearby Brook Estate. Norris, the one member of the close-knit group who wasn't based on or near the estate, lived with his mother in Chislehurst, another part of south-east London.

He had met one of the group - Jamie Acourt - through a football team they played for aged 14, and was introduced to the others through him. He was 16 and had left school when Stephen died.

The Stephen Lawrence Inquiry in the late 1990s, which looked into the teenager's death and the subsequent police investigation, cited evidence from locals that portrayed the group as aggressive youths who regularly intimidated people they came into contact with - often with knives and threats.

Much of this intimidation was due to their connection to Norris's father, Clifford, a convicted drug smuggler who was on the run in 1993 but later served an eight-year prison term for drugs and firearms offences.

"Police officers told us that they believed that the influence or fear of Clifford Norris infected the investigation of the murder, in that potential young witnesses or young people in possession of information held back because they knew of Clifford Norris' existence and close interest in his son's welfare," states the report from the inquiry, which was presided over by retired judge Sir William Macpherson.

A BBC documentary broadcast in July 2006, called The Boys Who Killed Stephen Lawrence, contained the allegation that Clifford Norris bribed a detective involved in the investigation into Stephen's murder, although a subsequent investigation by the Independent Police Complaints Commission concluded that the claims were unfounded.

At the time of Stephen's death, Eltham was an ethnically polarised area where racist tension bubbled under the surface of suburban life, occasionally coming to the fore in the form of verbal insults, graffiti or - at its most extreme - violence.

"It should be recorded that racist crime and violence were not new to the district. Both Eltham and Thamesmead had bitter experience of such crime by 1993," the Macpherson report stresses, before citing examples of racially charged flashpoints.

Their reputation as local aggressors meant Dobson, Norris and their friends were prime suspects after Stephen's death. Police surveillance of their homes began four days after the killing and the five were arrested, with two charged. But the Crown Prosecution Service felt there was insufficient evidence to prosecute, and the charges were dropped in 1993.

A year after Stephen's death, secret surveillance footage filmed in Dobson's Eltham flat captured the men's hate-filled racist outlook on life. In the 1994 video, which was shown to the Old Bailey jury in the 2011 murder trial, Norris was heard to say: "I would go down Catford and places like that I am telling you now, with two sub-machine guns." Using extremely racist and sexually explicit language, he said he would take a black person, torture them, skin them alive and set them alight.

"I would blow their two arms and legs off and say 'go on, you can swim home now'. They would be bobbing around like that."

He also shared an anecdote about beating up a black man, thought to be in his 60s, in a park following an argument. The surveillance footage "showed violent racism at its worst," concluded Sir William Macpherson. His 1999 report refers to the five suspects as being "infected and invaded by gross and revolting racism".

During the trial at the end of last year, Norris, now 35, told the court he was "ashamed" of his behaviour in the video. Dobson, 36, also said he was "disgusted and embarrassed" by the racist language he used in the video. Three years after Stephen's death, a private prosecution was brought by the Lawrence family, but the case collapsed and Dobson, Neil Acourt and Luke Knight were acquitted of murder. The case against Norris and Jamie Acourt collapsed before reaching court.

Despite the acquittal and collapse, the group accused of killing the teenager struggled to free themselves from the cloak of suspicion. Perhaps the most famous of example of this was a Daily Mail front page in 1997 which openly flouted libel laws.

Featuring images of the five suspects, the newspaper carried the headline "murderers", under which it stated: "The Mail accuses these men of killing. If we are wrong, let them sue us." Later all five went on television to deny any involvement in the murder. The vilification of the suspects in some quarters was sharply brought into focus in 1998 after they appeared at the Lawrence Inquiry. During an outpouring of public contempt, the men were jostled, spat at and targeted with bottles, prompting them to spit and throw punches in retaliation.

At the 2011 Old Bailey trial, both Dobson and Norris admitted becoming angry men who had grown to resent the world after being spat at and verbally abused on a regular basis by members of the public who saw them as murderers. In 2010, Dobson began a five-year jail term for drug dealing after he admitted supplying a class B drug. Similarly, Norris, an unmarried father-of-five, has lived on the wrong side of the law.

In 2002, he was jailed for a racist attack in which he threw a drink and shouted racial abuse at a black police officer. Two years later, just months after his release, he was sentenced to 13 months behind bars for a pub burglary and handling a stolen vehicle. The defence told the court in that case that Norris had been unable to find employment since being arrested in the Lawrence murder inquiry. Describing his client as "depressed" and "paranoid", Norris's barrister called the burglary an impulsive offence by a man "without any realistic means of particularly well remunerated work".

Double jeopardy change

In September 2010, 17 years after Stephen's death, Dobson and Norris were arrested and charged with murder, following the Court of Appeal's decision that fresh forensic evidence warranted a trial. The 2011 trial was the second occasion in which Dobson appeared at the Old Bailey in connection with the murder. In the past this could not have happened, because of the double jeopardy rule which prevented a suspect being tried a second time for a crime.

But the law was changed in 2003 to allow the prosecution to apply to quash an acquittal if a court was satisfied that there was new and compelling evidence to be put before a jury. And, with the emergence of new forensic evidence that appeared to link them to the crime, they took to the stand in an attempt to disprove any connection to a killing that came to define their lives. This time they failed to convince the jury.

Article

..... I'm glad justice has finally caught up with these two.
    Albiet late, better late than never.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 123 ✭✭Bryan4president

Am I the only one that thought that it was Bryan Dobson and David Norris that were found guilty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I have been following this story for years, his case has had an effect further afield then Britain. it was the first time I ever heard the term "institutional racism" that term has being used as a stick to beat many a wayward establishment.

Its one time when I have something good to say about the Daily Mail they really stuck their neck out on this and pursued the perps and put pressure of the British establishment. Also Channel 4 it shows you the good that can come from journalism.

With a little luck the others crims who took part in the murder will also be brought to justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Am I the only one that thought that it was Bryan Dobson and David Norris that were found guilty?

It was David Norris.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

Over twenty years too late, but it does go to show that the truth will out - eventually. Most of all, I hope that the bereaved family can finally find some sort of closure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Nah, David Norris wrote a letter to the British authorities to try and get the charges dropped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

Saw this on the ITV news earlier and really grabbed my attention having known nothing about it before. IIRC, there's an hour-long programme on about it tonight after the ITV news at 10 if anyone's interested :)

I'm not making light of it in any way, but when I saw the two guys on the news (pictures from 1993 approx.) I couldn't help but be reminded of Soap and the gang in Lock Stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Must be an enormous relief for the family.

But I would hate to think that some critics of London's police will use this as a stick with which to beat the Met; disregarding the fact that the murders and any racial concerns focusing on London's police are now almost two decades old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Clear evidence multiculturalism has failed.

White people should go back to Saxony, Normandy, Scandinavia, Hibernia etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

good enough for the two horrible hateful looking Bastard's!

Even the dog's on the street knew they were guilty!

Ghandee wrote: »
    Even the dog's on the street knew they were guilty!
    The dogs in the street think licking their balls is an appropriate way to spend their time.

I really don't think that's a level of intelligence we ought to allow inform our judiciary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

later10 wrote: »
    But I would hate to think that some critics of London's police will use this as a stick with which to beat the Met; disregarding the fact that the murders and any racial concerns focusing on London's police are now almost two decades old.

Wasn't there some accusation against a particular Met Inspector regarding this case, about 10yrs ago? Apparent deliberate mishandling of evidence ? Can't remember exactly, the guy had just retired from the Police at the time (around 2003)

How did those guys carry that around on their conscience for so long ??

Reminded me of the case of Helen Betty Osbourne in Canada in 1971.
    One of the gang who murdered her "Lee Colgan" went insane, became a chronic alco in the end, and confessed everything, thus securing a conviction of the killer 15 yrs later.

It was well portrayed in the 1991 movie Conspiracy of Silence.

Conspiracy of Silence pt 1

Conspiracy of Silence pt 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Nice one. I remember seeing clips of that film on the news at the time. Hateful fuhkers. :-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Good, now for the other racist feckers in the gang to be brought to justice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

No. I've suspected it since 1993.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

I think I remember this case, although I wasn't living on this side of the world at the time. Was this the case where the accused were seen laughing and joking in sunglasses and causing fights with protestors? Two of them were brothers?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Must be an enormous relief for the family.

Indeed, it's not as if there is any evidence of the Met still being a bit racist after all.

Oh no.

I think I remember this case, although I wasn't living on this side of the world at the time. Was this the case where the accused were seen laughing and joking in sunglasses and causing fights with protestors? Two of them were brothers?

Not sure about the brothers bit, but yeah that was the one.

Here's a really good documentary made about the case in 1999.

Yes, it was the case I was thinking of. I remember Stephen's picture in all the papers at home.

Awful tragedy that was. That poor young man.

Its bizarre to think, that if they had done the decent thing, and confessed at the time, they would probably be out by now.
    Then again, one could also say, that if they hadn't murdered Stephen Lawrence in the first place, they wouldn't be in this situation.

Not that I have a shed of sympathy for them mind.

Let's just hope this leads to the conviction of the rest of the gang, for their part also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Their response to this;
    The vilification of the suspects in some quarters was sharply brought into focus in 1998 after they appeared at the Lawrence Inquiry. During an outpouring of public contempt, the men were jostled, spat at and targeted with bottles, prompting them to spit and throw punches in retaliation.

Well the Lawrence family have their pound of flesh, I hope they're happy and leave it be now.

• Advertisement

Their response to this;

Well the Lawrence family have their pound of flesh, I hope they're happy and leave it be now.

Their pound of flesh? They lost their son in a brutal murder.

They may have been spat at, but they weren't jumped on with men with knives and left for dead.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Their response to this;

as his mother has said, how can she be happy? her son was murdered. She has got justice, but that hardly makes up for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

Their response to this;

I don't understand your post. Who responded to what? They were spat at by members of the public who were understandably upset by the apparent injustice been carried out at the time.

I think the Lawrence family have shown dignity, considering they had to wait for 18 years for the killers of their son to be brought to justice.

Of course they will be happy that they have eventually got some form of closure but saying (in your own words) they have got their "pound of flesh" and should "leave it be now" is what I don't understand. Perharps, you can further explain what you meant...

No they have 2/5 of a pound of flesh. The other racist murderers need to be brought to justice

Here is the (in)famous Daily Mail front page from 1997

article-2079782-0F54184000000578-25_634x835.jpg

Indeed, it's not as if there is any evidence of the Met still being a bit racist after all.

Oh no.
    I didn't say there is no racism in the London Met.

I said that I understand that significant work has been done to improve the met's relations with non-white ethnic communities. And it would be a shame if their shortcomings in this case were used as a stick with which to un-do all of the work that has advanced these relations, as though the Met has not moved on from 1993 or the years immediately subsequent to the Lawrence investigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

I didn't say there is no racism in the London Met.

I said that I understand that significant work has been done to improve the met's relations with non-white ethnic communities. And it would be a shame if their shortcomings in this case were used as a stick with which to un-do all of the work that has advanced these relations, as though the Met has not moved on from 1993 or the years immediately subsequent to the Lawrence investigation.

The only thing that is going to improve the Met's relations with the public is to stop making the same silly mistakes they make over and over again. They haven't changed how they work much since Operation Swamp, and Operation Trident reaped exactly the same crop unfortunately.

With the ICC proving to be fairly inept and largely toothless a proper change is a long time coming I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Their response to this;

They wanted justice. I'm not seeing the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Demonique

So when are they going to be sentenced?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I'm pleased to see these two brutal thugs convicted. I hope the others involved in the racist murder of Stephen Lawrence are punshed also for their crime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Two dick heads who got what they deserved, Glad justice has been done for Stephen...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Having lived in London I remember the Lawrence inquiry quite well. I also remember the scummy thug Jamie Accourt goading and provoking the public as he appeared at the tribunal. This contrasted starkly with the calm, quite dignity of Mr. Lawrence as he addressed the public asking them to show restraint and to remain calm in the face of such behaviour. All along, the Lawrence family have shown us nothing but quite dignity and determination in their pursuit of justice. The above quote is provocative and also absolutely ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

Dudess wrote: »
    Nice one. I remember seeing clips of that film on the news at the time. Hateful fuhkers. :-/

Trial by media.
    Maybe right, maybe wrong.
    But in this case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

policarp wrote: »
    Dudess wrote: »

Trial by media.
    Maybe right, maybe wrong.
    But in this case?
    They were convicted by evidence this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Sentences just announced.
    12.13pm: Gary Dobson and David Norris have been sentenced for the murder of Stephen Lawrence.
    Gary Dobson must serve a minimum of 15 years and two months before he is eligible for parole.
    David Norris must serve a minimum of 14 years and three months before he is eligible for parole.
    The defendants did not respond, going down quietly, Sandra Laville reports from the court.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/jan/04/stephen-lawrence-murder-reaction-sentencing-gary-dobson-david-norris

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I watch a BBC documentary on the history of this last night, it was brilliant. I was struck how the image of Stephen Lawrence has become iconic. We all know what the kid looked like before his murder. His parents Doreen and Neville who fought for their son and still are are British and international heroes.

I drew a parallel with Rosa Parks who also bravely took on the established and disgusting racism of her society. Stephen Lawrence also has a legacy of changing peoples attitudes, but as Doreen who acknowledged that,, would rather her son.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

44leto wrote: »
    I watch a BBC documentary on the history of this last night, it was brilliant. I was struck how the image of Stephen Lawrence has become iconic. We all know what the kid looked like before his murder. His parents Doreen and Neville who fought for their son and still are are British and international heroes.

I drew a parallel with Rosa Parks who also bravely took on the established and disgusting racism of her society. Stephen Lawrence also has a legacy of changing peoples attitudes, but as Doreen who acknowledged that,, would rather her son.

Rosa Parks was part of a pre-planned stunt organized by the NAACP where everyone on the bus was in on it, she was picked because she was a respected member of the black community. It was Claudette Colvin who actually refused to give up her seat on the bus to a white man. She was deemed unsuitable by the NAACP because she a pregnant teenager. It was her court case in December 1956 that led to bus segregation being seen as unconstitutional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

How can you say such a thing Mak? Especially as a father yourself... :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Batsy

In my opinion they shouldn't be in jail. I don't even think they did it. I'm not the only one who thinks something fishy is going on.

Rod Liddle
    The Spectator

A few excerpts from the article:

“I wonder what would happen if I wrote an article for this magazine saying that Gary Dobson and David Norris had nothing to do with the stabbing to death of the black youngster Stephen Lawrence 18 years ago? And that they are entirely innocent? The two are in court at this moment charged with the murder of Lawrence, and therefore I would be in contempt of court…

“Courts rightly take such matters very seriously, but it would be a singularly perverse judge who took action against me: for the last 18 years the public has been assured that all five of the men originally named as suspects, including Dobson and Norris, are absolutely guilty, bang to rights. And reminded of the fact every so often.”

"It matters not that Dobson, along with Neil Acourt and Luke Knight, were acquited in a private prosecution for the crime. They are guilty: They were not convicted because the Metropolitan Police were/are both institutuionally racist and corrupt, as well as incompetent. That is what you are supposed to believe, if you are a right thinking person, regardless of the acquittal. There is a desperate yearning, not so much that Stephen Lawrence killer(s) be brought to justice, but that these five men - two Acourts, Dobson, Knight and Norris - be found guilty. They are proven to have acted in a racist manner, they are - beyong this - not terribly nice people. And somehow their conviction will help to exculpate the rest of us, show that we are a society which does not tolerate racism."

Liddle went on to say: “Will Dobson and Norris – the son of a drug dealer himself, as it happens; at least two of the five men and probably three have familial connects to fairly big-time sarf lunnun thick-as-mince gangsters – get a fair hearing, do you suppose?

“Nope, not a chance. About eight years ago Neil Acourt and David Norris were charged with throwing an empty drink carton in the direction of a policeman. They were sentenced to 18 months each in prison – no other charges, that’s all it was. I think they received that sentence on account of not being banged up for the murder of Stephen Lawrence, not for throwing a drink carton at a copper. They were sentenced to eighteen months for the crime of having not been found guilty of the murder of Stephen Lawrence. I don't think that they are very nice people. So I suppose it's ok that we invent a new system of justice to ensure they get banged up.

“Should we care about these undoubtedly violent, often criminal, certainly unpleaseant white trash? That they were (and probably still are) racists is quite beyond dispute. Maybe, these days, that’s enough to convince the rest of us that where legal rights are concerned, they simply do not have any.”

You can read the full article here: http://blogs.pressgazette.co.uk/editor/2012/01/04/the-rod-liddle-article-which-threatened-stephen-lawrence-trial-as-it-had-barely-begun/

• Advertisement

Batsy wrote: »
    Rod Liddle...

Rod Liddle? Seriously?
    "It matters not that Dobson, along with Neil Acourt and Luke Knight, were acquited in a private prosecution for the crime.
    Until new, compelling evidence came to light and they were brought to trial again, based on that evidence.
    About eight years ago Neil Acourt and David Norris were charged with throwing an empty drink carton in the direction of a policeman. They were sentenced to 18 months each in prison – no other charges, that’s all it was.
    Wrong. They also called said policeman a "nigger" and were charged with a racially aggravated assault iirc.

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Until new, compelling evidence came to light and they were brought to trial again, based on that evidence.

Many of that "evidence" is nothing of the sort. I believe the defence's case that the reason bits of fluff etc from the two men's clothing were found on the clothing of Stephen Lawrence was due to contamination.
    Wrong. They also called said policeman a "nigger" and were charged with a racially aggravated assault iirc.

Have you got any absolute proof of that?

Many of that "evidence" is nothing of the sort. I believe the defence's case that the reason bits of fluff etc from the two men's clothing were found on the clothing of Stephen Lawrence was due to contamination.
    A defence that the jury obviously rejected.
    Have you got any absolute proof of that?
    Apologies, it was racially aggravated intentional harassment.
    A year later he was sent to jail for driving while disqualified, and two years later he returned to the scene of the Lawrence murder, Well Hall Road, with Neil Acourt, where he shouted "******" at a passing black man, who happened to be an off-duty police officer, Gareth Reid.
    Both men were jailed for 12 months for racially aggravated intentional harassment, and wrote a letter before they went to prison to the nail bomber David Copeland. "We are being done for abusing a black copper," they said. "We hope we don't get stuck in with a load of ****."
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/jan/03/stephen-lawrence-racist-pair-suspicion?intcmp=239

A defence that the jury obviously rejected.

Only because the judge put pressure on them to find the two men guilty.
    Apologies, it was racially aggravated intentional harassment.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/jan/03/stephen-lawrence-racist-pair-suspicion?intcmp=239

I prefer to believe the theory that Lawrence was part of one of London's many gangs and that he was murdered by a rival gang member.

Stabbings of black youths happen several times a year on London's streets and 99% of them are gang related and the vast majority of the perpetrators are also black (before you accuse me of racism it is a fact).

Of course, the left wing ruling elite of Britain prefer to make us believe that because the victim was black then his killer (or killers) were obviously a group of thuggish, racist white men. And then when the cops go out to look for these white men who killed Lawrence they can't find them because they don't exist and that's why there had been no conviction of anybody in the end.

And then (almost 20 years later) they find a couple of white men who fit the bill, take a couple of photos of them and make the men in the photos look as thuggish as possible, and then put every pressure on a jury to ensure that they are banged up.

And then (almost 20 years later) they find a couple of white men who fit the bill, take a couple of photos of them and make the men in the photos look as thuggish as possible, and then put every pressure on a jury to ensure that they are banged up.
    You clearly haven't got a fucking clue what you are on about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bwatson

KINGVictor wrote: »
    I don't understand your post. Who responded to what? They were spat at by members of the public who were understandably upset by the apparent injustice been carried out at the time.

I think the Lawrence family have shown dignity, considering they had to wait for 18 years for the killers of their son to be brought to justice.

Of course they will be happy that they have eventually got some form of closure but saying (in your own words) they have got their "pound of flesh" and should "leave it be now" is what I don't understand. Perharps, you can further explain what you meant...

They were spat at by black and asian racists. It wasn't their disgust at the murders that drove them to do it, but their disgust towards caucasian people and the opportunity that arose.

If you think that was bad, then you should have a look at his more ridiculous posts in the politics section.

Yeah. I bet you said the same thing when Sion Jenkins was jailed for murdering his 13 year old foster daughter Billy-Jo in 1997. You probably though all those who doubted his guilt din't have a clue what they were talking about. The "evidence" against Sion was that the girl's blood was splattered on his fleece jacket and therefore we all automatically thought that he was, without doubt, the killer.

Eventually Jenkins was released on appeal and got a shedload of compensation. It seems that the reason her blood was on his jacket was actually because he discovered her injured and she was emitting blood from her mouth as she exhaled. It is now believed that a nutcase crept into the garden where Billy-Jo was smashed her over the head for no reason and then disappeared.

Now, the evidence used to convict these two men over the Lawrence killing is even more flimsier than that used to convict Jenkins. All the evidence we are talking about is a bloodstain smaller than a full stop on the inside of a jacket collar and maybe two or three very short hairs or fibres, where the potential for cross-contamination was huge. And why was it huge? Because Lawrence's and the suspects' clothing were stored and intermingled in the same storage facility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Good documentary here showing the ineptitude and possible corruption of the Metropolitan Police's initial investigation into Stephen Lawrence's murder:

Only because the judge put pressure on them to find the two men guilty.

I prefer to believe the theory that Lawrence was part of one of London's many gangs and that he was murdered by a rival gang member.

Stabbings of black youths happen several times a year on London's streets and 99% of them are gang related and the vast majority of the perpetrators are also black (before you accuse me of racism it is a fact).

Of course, the left wing ruling elite of Britain prefer to make us believe that because the victim was black then his killer (or killers) were obviously a group of thuggish, racist white men. And then when the cops go out to look for these white men who killed Lawrence they can't find them because they don't exist and that's why there had been no conviction of anybody in the end.

You would have to provide proof that Lawrence was a gang-member, all you are doing here is hypothesizing.

I guess that the video footage of them planning racist attacks was also staged by the left wing media?

• Advertisement
Advertisement