Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

(UK) Stephen Lawrence murder - Dobson & Norris Guilty

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

Batsy wrote: »
    Why did it take 18 years for the Metropolitan Police to discover a victims blood on a murderers jacket?

Because that tiny speck of blood wasn't on Norris or Dobson's jacket to start off with. The jacket only became contaminated with Lawrence's blood and hairs after it was stored right next to Lawrence's clothing in a storeroom. This was something that the defence mentioned during the trial, calling it shoddy and unprofessional, but I think it was just ignored. The reason why it took 18 years to jail Norris and Dobson over the crime was because they didn't do it.
    he would have been a target by other members of his community. Stephen Lawrence was a known face who was making a name for himself for the wrong reasons.

I believe Lawrence was murdered by a rival gang member.

Oh, for God's sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Norris and Dobson are murderers. Its a mute point.
    But Stephen Lawrence was no angel either. ........

You've a source for that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I believe Lawrence was murdered by a rival gang member.
    Welcome back. Here's a quick refresher for you, in case you've forgotten:
    El Weirdo wrote: »
    What evidence (apart from the fact that he was black) do you have for Stephen Lawrence being in a gang?
    I'm going to ask you again for any evidence that Stephen Lawrence was involved in gangs.

Thanks.
    biko wrote: »
    Batsy, I need you to find some proof of Lawrence being in a gang and that this was gang related, otherwise it's just you trolling this thread, trying to make it into something it's not. Even if other black youths are in gangs doesn't mean Lawrence was in one.
    Come back when you have said proof. Thx

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Batsy

Originally Posted by biko viewpost.gif
    Batsy, I need you to find some proof of Lawrence being in a gang and that this was gang related, otherwise it's just you trolling this thread, trying to make it into something it's not. Even if other black youths are in gangs doesn't mean Lawrence was in one.

I'm fed up of having to repeat myself time and time again.

A black teenager stabbed to death on a London street is more likely to have been a member of a gang and to have been murdered by a rival gang member - who is usually also black - than to have been murdered by a "gang of racist white men."

Almost every black teenager murdered on London's streets today is a gang member killed by a fellow gang member, so it's reasonable to assume that Lawrence was a gang member killed by a fellow gang member. In fact, the police acknowledged this, too, and initially believed that Lawrence was in a gang and killed by a fellow gang member.

Not half as "fed up" as we are reading it. Your opinion is not sufficient. Present some evidence from another party (eg some element of the police investigation or inquiry) regarding specifically the Lawrence murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

A black teenager stabbed to death on a London street is more likely to have been a member of a gang and to have been murdered by a rival gang member - who is usually also black - than to have been murdered by a "gang of racist white men."

Almost every black teenager murdered on London's streets today is a gang member killed by a fellow gang member, so it's reasonable to assume that Lawrence was a gang member killed by a fellow gang member. In fact, the police acknowledged this, too, and initially believed that Lawrence was in a gang and killed by a fellow gang member.

Thankfully police investigations and the subsequent court cases are normally more concerned with evidence rather than just making assumptions based of probability.

So once again, is there any evidence that implies Lawrence was in a gang, or stabbed by another black youth.

I will not dispute the fact that he was stabbed by another gang member as clearly he was....in this case a gang of white youths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Once again you provide zero evidence to back up your assertion that Stephan Lawrence was part of a gang.

You just continue to spout the same crap over and over again (also without providing any links to back your statistics up).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

No, it's not reasonable. It's only reasonable if you have no data whatsoever and are looking at pure odds. Once you look at individual cases, the abstract probabilities vanish. There is no evidence he was in a gang. Therefore it's unreasonable to assume he was. Data applying to a broad group tells you little about a specific person. You might as well assume he was really a woman because women are over 50% of the population.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

You're not the only one fed up with your repeating yourself, join the club.:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

No it isn't a reasonable assumption because it lacks evidence.

It's amazing that you put such store in the evidence for Norris or Dobson and ignore it for Lawrence. Amazing double standard.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Aaaand batsy banned.

Again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

policarp wrote: »
    What's the odds?
    If they aren't guilty they're complicit,
    if you can believe the media. . .

I'm just speculating that, in time, Dobson and/or Norris will prove to be the thin end of the wedge, the police will use to get at the Acourt Brothers. They are the ones, in my opinion, the police really want to nail.

Just as regards the case in general, I'm looking at it purely from the point of view as a murder case, period. I'm not interested in whether Stephen Lawerence was black or white, or whether the gang were racists, or gay hairderssers.

As regards the theory that Lawerence was killed by another black gang member. I don't think it's plausible for the following reason. Would a rival black gang (or members of) be likely to be hanging around Eltham (an area known to be hostile to blacks) at that time of night ? and on the off chance they were going to run into Lawrence ? Not likely in my opinion.

As regards the gang not speaking about the Lawrence murder on the surveilance tape. There is a suggestion they were tipped off, that they were being watched/listened to. It's also also not unheard of, that a gang involved in a serious crime will agree to wipe it from their collective memory, deliberately, and agree also, never to speak about it again, for any reason. This is what the gang in the Helen Betty Osbourne case did, and were advised to do so by their Lawyer. They were told that 'their silence was their liberty'.

The suspects stories didn't match either, and in some cases directly contradicted each other.

That said, I am entirely speculating about a murder, that has similarities to another murder I have read about. That is all.
    I'm not as interested in the 'Race' part of it, as some posters appear to be.

What are you on about?

Earlier you stated
    Norris and Dobson are murderers. Its a mute point.
    But Stephen Lawrence was no angel either. ........

Do you have anything to back that up?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Good news that the scumbags are behind bars. His poor parents must have been to hell and back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Good news that the scumbags are behind bars. His poor parents must have been to hell and back.

Made even worse by certain muppets, like certain people in this thread, insinuating that he was a gangster, when there's no evidence to suggest that whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

Almost every black teenager murdered on London's streets today is a gang member killed by a fellow gang member,

Indeed. Today.

Probably because in working class areas of London there arent actually many young whites living there any more. Theyve all moved to Essex and such.

This happened 20 years ago. Seeing as they got so much stick for mishandling a racist murder the police would be delighted if it had turned out to be black lads who did it tbh. But wheres the proof? As woeful as the DNA evidence is the black gang theory has even less weight.

examining what i've been reading about the suspects, i can't help getting the feeling that stephen lawrences blackness was just extra bad luck. The past record of the gang give me the impression they weren't fussy, as long as there was agro, preferably when their scumbaggery and numbers allowed them the oppertunity to own the room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

marcsignal wrote: »
    examining what i've been reading about the suspects, i can't help getting the feeling that stephen lawrences blackness was just extra bad luck. The past record of the gang give me the impression they weren't fussy, as long as there was agro, preferably when their scumbaggery and numbers allowed them the oppertunity to own the room.

Well I agree with what you say about the gang but I reckon Stephen's colour on top of it probably provided the spark for their scummy actions.

• Advertisement

charlemont wrote: »
    Well I agree with what you say about the gang but I reckon Stephen's colour on top of it probably provided the spark for their scummy actions.

In the way it made him 'different to them' ?

yeah i agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Documentary on the new evidence on BBC World now.

Advertisement