Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Year Beauty Resolutions

• 03-01-2012 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭desolate sun

Did anyone make any beauty resolutions?
    I've made a few, some non-beauty but here are the beauty ones:

- drink 2 litres of water per day
    - exfoliate face twice a week
    - use hair masque once a week

I try to do these normally but I've been very bad about it. I'm really gonna try and do this, this year!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I don't want to yuck people out but my beauty resoloution is to not pick my spots!I have an awful habit of doing this and its making my skin very red and leaving scars. It's going to be tough but am going to stick to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 2022rae

I have! Mine are similar

-Drink more water
    -Exercise more (also hoping this will help my complexion)
    -Not go at any spots I should (hopefully not) get
    -Find the right moisturiser for me - I've been searching for ages for one that my skin is happy with and that has spf30 and isn't too expensive. I have a good one atm but it's pricey enough considering the size of the bottle and the thickness of the moisturiser (i.e. it doesn't last long!)
    -Give my hair a break from hot tools every now and then

Hoping to keep these as best I can this year! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

1. Remove my make up every night before bed :o
    2. Try styling my hair differently at least once a week
    3. Organise my make up, bin stuff I don't use anymore. It took me ten mins to find a specific eyeliner that I was looking for in my "eyeliner drawer" :eek:

If I can achieve those three things I'll be happy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭Loopie

I wanted to make an effort looking after my skin a bit better - so i decided to get a face mask and now my face is covered, I mean covered in spots. Proper big ones, I even popped one today and it squirted onto the mirror! Sorry for the graphic image... :)

So yeah, will be knocking back plenty of uisce now to help clear it out!

Out of interest, what face masks do you other ladies use?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 2022rae

Loopie wrote: »

I really only use one, it's the boots botanic clay mask. I'm not really experienced in the mask department so I can't compare it to any others but I like it and it does help with blackheads (though it's not a drastic difference it certainly helps!) and makes my skin soft and smooth. You have to shake the tube before you use it though or you'll just get this watery consistency. I've had the odd experience of the tube..er..farting :confused: towards the end so I wouldn't wear nice/white clothes! I put it on my face a bit longer than they suggest, maybe 20-30mins. It is a pretty liquidy formula but it hardens and you'll see dark spots appearing in the mask (I've been told this is where it is picking up the most dirt/oil) and it washes off your face really easily. Use it about once a week (when I remember :o)

I bought a sachet of Sanctuary's heat detox mask and brightening mask (yet to use this one). The heat one wasn't for me. I didn't see much results and the heating effect was just unusual for me and not really to my preference (I imagine I would say this about all heating masks tho - again not hugely experienced with these). It was a kind of sticky gooey formula that again I wasn't fond of. That being said, I've seen rave reviews about this mask so maybe it was just me? Still have hopes for the brightening mask though. =)

I have a sample of the body shops VitE moisture mask and it seems reeeally good. I've had the sample (a tiny tiny pot) since last summer and I have reached the end yet - use it about once every two weeks around the eye area and sometimes forehead. I think I will be purchasing this when my sample goes. I think it's a bit pricer but I can already see a little goes a long way with that one so it should last.

Hope this helps! :) What one did you try? Sounds like a nasty reaction, hopefully was just that type.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭desolate sun

I only use a face mask after I exfoliate. Exfoliating will help the mask penetrate more deeply.
    I use Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant which is nothing short of amazing. Followed by either Dermalogica Multivitamin mask or Skin Hydrating Mask. These are expensive but really last and shouldn't make you come out in spots, although the Multivitamin mask might be a bit rich.

I wanted to make an effort looking after my skin a bit better - so i decided to get a face mask and now my face is covered, I mean covered in spots. Proper big ones, I even popped one today and it squirted onto the mirror! Sorry for the graphic image... :)

So yeah, will be knocking back plenty of uisce now to help clear it out!

yonka clay mask after it was recommended for me after a facial

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I already drinks looooads of water so that one's ok.

- Keep my nails looking pretty at all times - no chipped nail varnish.

- Expand nail varnish collection further

- Get more pedicures + massages

Things I learned last year which I want to continue:

- Keep using Cymex every day to keep lips soft

- Only use trusted products so rashes and allergies don't come back

- Keep using facial scrub at least every week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

- Drink more water.
    - Cleanse and moisturise every day. This is a really important one because I always forget to do it :o Used to get away with it (thought getting my face wet in the shower was enough of a wash for it :pac:) but my skin has got so dry lately that it actually feels like sandpaper if I don't put on moisturiser!
    - Don't spend so much money on nail polish/make up! This one is the one I'm going to have to make sure and stick to I think. I've emassed a sizable collection in the past year or so :eek: Have to make sure and actually use all of it now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

I started a few new cosmetic routines a few months ago but then coming up to Christmas I was so busy that I let them slide! They were working so well and all! They included:

.1. Proper skincare routine- cleanse, tone, moisturise twice a day, remove make up every night, and use a facial exfoliator every second day and a face mask once a week and use my eye cream!- My skin was SO good after this and now its SO dry and leathery!

.2. Let my nails grow!- I've been a nail biter since I've had teeth! And I've stopped now for nearly 6months and I haven't started biting again but I haven't been taking care of them properly ie using a nail strenghtener and hand cream so thats my plan for 2012!

So my mission is to restart these things again AND:

.1. Drinks lots and lots of water

.2. Eat lots of fruit and veg and no junk to help my skin!

.3. And most importantly DO NOT spend any money on new make up (Although I've decided that when I lose a stone in weight I'm gonna buy myself the UD Naked Palette 2 only cos I never got the first one)!

• Advertisement
Advertisement