Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

internet explorer 8

Options
  • 03-01-2012 8:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭

Prob in the wrong forum as per usual but...I downloaded Internet Explorer 8 and it is very slow.I have high speed bb and I cleared my cache.Any more tips?Im pretty stupid with pcs so be gentle.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

Download Google Chrome and use that instead. Its much faster than Internet Explorer.

Here's a link. https://www.google.com/chrome/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Opera is a great browser. :)

http://www.opera.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

Update it to ie9 or get google chrome or mozilla firefox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

www.firefox.com

its now at version 9.0.1 and runs awesome compared to any of its previous versions. especially with java script websites

Long story short, Internet Explorer 8 is a bad browser. Every alternative is a good alternative.

Google Chrome
    Apple Safari
    Opera
    Mozilla Firefox

They are the 4 best browsers that come to mind. And their performance differences are pretty insignificant to the average user.

You should have a look at all of them, and decide which one you prefer. Different people like different browsers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

*sniff sniff*

i smell a browser war!!!

google chrome for all browsing, opera for **** browsing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

DjFlin wrote: »
    Long story short, Internet Explorer 8 is a bad browser. Every alternative is a good alternative.

Google Chrome
    Apple Safari
    Opera
    Mozilla Firefox

They are the 4 best browsers that come to mind. And their performance differences are pretty insignificant to the average user.

You should have a look at all of them, and decide which one you prefer. Different people like different browsers.

Hold on there, internet explorer 9 is the most recent version and is a great web browser, not sure why you're being so dismissive of it, it's better than apple safari anyway.
    I don't use it but it's just as good as the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭-=al=-

upgraded to firefox after avoiding doing it for ages and it is great indeed much faster than previous versions

chrome/rockmelt are great too

and for the first time chrome overtook IE recently there... about time IE is pants

Aprently Opera users have the highest IQ's

Hold on there, internet explorer 9 is the most recent version and is a great web browser, not sure why you're being so dismissive of it, it's better than apple safari anyway.
    I don't use it but it's just as good as the rest

I never said anything about IE9. The OP said that he downloaded IE8 and I said "Internet Explorer 8 is a bad browser".
    Microsoft make it hard to download out of date versions of their programs (Rightly so in some cases), so unless OP was running Windows XP (Which can't run IE9), he would probably have already downloaded IE9.
    I assumed that OP was running Windows XP, and thats why I left out IE9. I have nothing against it. The only reason I personally use Chrome over it is because I use multiple PC's throughout my day, and Chrome is the easiest for me to sync my bookmarks between.

Advertisement