Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone using my gamertag >:(

Options
  • 03-01-2012 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

A minute ago I was looking for some of last nights gameplay in theatre mode on mw3. I noticed that alot of the games had a negative kill death ratio. I clearly remember having no negative kdr in any game last night. Out of curiosity I decided to watch one. Whoever was playing was using a cm901 with red dot and I never use this gun. At first I thought it might have been my brother but he says he wasnt playing, he has his own account and the skill level of the person playing was way above my brothers (a die hard fifa player). So i decided to jot a few of the names down from the mw3 lobbies he was in. I viewed the profile of each gamertag I took down and they were all from different countries (USA, UK, Germany etc.).

Basically I want to find out if my account is being signed in from another xbox and if so where? by who? etc.
    Thanks for any help!

Edit: I didnt get invlolved in a phising scam or give my email or password to anyone, I have just changed to email and password to the account to be safe.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

If in any doubt about the security of your account get on to Xbox Support right away. Also change your password if you haven't doneso already both on the xbox account and your email.

Edit: I switch between consoles all the time and every time I log in to a differnrt one or log back into the main one since the new dash, I get a message saying previously signed into a different console"

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭fusuf

calex71 wrote: »
    If in any doubt about the security of your account get on to Xbox Support right away. Also change your password if you haven't doneso already both on the xbox account and your email.

Edit: I switch between consoles all the time and every time I log in to a differnrt one or log back into the main one since the new dash, I get a message saying previously signed into a different console"
    havn't seen this message, maybe i missed it while plugging in my turtlebeach I will keep an eye out for this notification. yeah i've changed the password on each and changed the email associated with the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

You can look at your recent games in MW3's Elite and you can get what time the a/c was used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

i doubt your account was hacked,
    when they hack they usually just try to buy stuff from the marketplace, any of your points missing? most likely explanation is your bro was playing on it,

also you'd probably be getting signed out when the other person tried to sign in anyhow, as soon as you report something like this to M$ i think they suspend the account till they investigate just a heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

If your profile was being used on Xbox Live on another console you'd have to actually retrieve your gamer tag to log into live again wouldn't you? If you haven't had to re-download your tag then I think you're alright.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

If your profile was being used on Xbox Live on another console you'd have to actually retrieve your gamer tag to log into live again wouldn't you? If you haven't had to re-download your tag then I think you're alright.

Not since the new dash, it's the same but different, different in that you only have to do it once per xbox if cloud storage is enabled. So if his tag was on his own xbox he wouldn't have to recover it with cloud enabled.

Which begs the question was the OP signed in on an xbox at a pal's house or something? By default it will request a password unless you disable it..... I think, can't recall for sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

I'm glad I don't use my profile on other Xbox's then. They added convenience at the potential cost of security which is never good in my book. If I ever have to bring my profile anywhere it will be on USB.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

When you signed in to your account, did it say it was last used on another console?

Vicxas wrote: »
    When you signed in to your account, did it say it was last used on another console?
    no it did not say this, unless i missed it (I may have been hooking up my turtle beaches or turning on my laptop and didnt see it.I kept an eye out for it today when logging in but it never showed. I have cloud storage enabled but I dont think my gamertag is saved on it, I have never used my gamertag on any other system other than the one I am currently using which was bought in september. I know for sure it wasnt my brother, he literally has never played a game before and the guy using my account looked like he knew the maps, tactics etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

How do you know your brother doesnt know the tactics/maps in a game like Cod. If hes used an xbox controller before hes probably able to hold down run and use aim assist in a noob friendly game like cod.

Not trying to start a war but sounds like your brother is the most likely explanation.

• Advertisement

lol it wasnt my brother,
    My brother has his own account,
    The guy was quickscoping at one stage

Anyway after changing my password and email the guy doesnt seem to have played scince. Thanks for all your help

Advertisement