Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More than one gun

Options
  • 03-01-2012 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭

The deal is, i just got my 1st licence for a .22 last week and i didn't have it a day when i bought a semi shotgun. I'm in a club and using both for target shooting and a bit of vermin / hunting from time to time. thing is i've always wanted and old style side by side, would i be taking the **** going for a 3rd licence and i only holding one a wet day?

Also i know wanting one isn't the way to word things, so would needing a side by side make sense after buying a semi auto? as its such a all rounded gun?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Hunter21

If you give your local superintendent a good enough reason why you should have another shotgun he has no reason to refuse you if you meet all security requirements etc

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭doyle61

Use Different reason for different gun ie the semi is for game shooting and say the double barell is for clays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Gonzor

rgugliel wrote: »
    The deal is, i just got my 1st licence for a .22 last week and i didn't have it a day when i bought a semi shotgun. I'm in a club and using both for target shooting and a bit of vermin / hunting from time to time. thing is i've always wanted and old style side by side, would i be taking the **** going for a 3rd licence and i only holding one a wet day?

Also i know wanting one isn't the way to word things, so would needing a side by side make sense after buying a semi auto? as its such a all rounded gun?

You can apply for as many guns as you want, whenever you want. Although, applying for 3 guns in the one week (the same week you got your first gun).... that might raise an eyebrow or two. Id give it a few months before putting in for that third licence if I were you.

And for your own benefit. Maybe you should slow down. You love it now the week you got your first rifle. But will you still love it in a years time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭kemen

go for it! the worst he can say is no..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

I'd say wait, put the money into ammo, practice and get familiar with the guns you have before buying more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭james4510

take your time there is no rush!!! as above there is no reason why you cant apply for another licence legally but common sense says wait a while as the super may think to himself hold on i have grated this lad one gun and as soon as he has that he applyed straight away and i granted a second and now he wants a 3rd he might start thinking all kinds of things.
    enjoy the ones you have for the moment the clay season is still a fair way off!

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Farmlife

Thanks for all the the comments, think i'll hold off on the s/s for a few months, my eyes are bigger than my gun safe :D

Advertisement