Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new laptop!!!!!

Options
  • 03-01-2012 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

hey guys i purchased a new laptop Dell Inspiration N5040 on the 18 of december last in Argos and have come home this evening and switched it on to see static lines accross the screen was working fine when himself switched it off last night. Im gunna take it back tomorrow but would like to know where would i stand with a my rights here as im in within the 30day period clearly its faulty through no fault of our own and i have my receipt etc.

Thanks guys
    Laura

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

hey guys i purchased a new laptop Dell Inspiration N5040 on the 18 of december last in Argos and have come home this evening and switched it on to see static lines accross the screen was working fine when himself switched it off last night. Im gunna take it back tomorrow but would like to know where would i stand with a my rights here as im in within the 30day period clearly its faulty through no fault of our own and i have my receipt etc.

Thanks guys
    Laura
    it is up to the retailer(argos) to offer you a repair replacement or refund but they do not have a good reputation in dealing with after sales issues and often fob customers off onto the manufacturers who may offer a warranty repair but usually will charge for post and packing and insurance.

Your Contract of sale is with Argos, they are legally obliged to deal with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Im gunna take it back tomorrow but would like to know where would i stand with a my rights here as im in within the 30day period clearly its faulty through no fault of our own and i have my receipt etc.

There is no 30 day period for anything, unless the retailer offers something in addition to your rights. I don't believe Argos do this.

Bring it back, see what they say. Argos have a very good after sales rep, and for warranty repairs you will not have to pay anything in terms of postage and insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I bought a laptop off them recently at the end of receipt its say 30 day guarantee waved.

Mine came with no battery, instantly replaced it no problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Argos used to have a 16 day money back guarantee, I see it is now 30 days. This has nothing to do with a product being faulty, the product warranty or statutory obligations. It is simply a change of mind option that they make available on some products.

All products that have memory are exempt from this guarantee, which would include a laptop. You would not be returning a faulty product under this guarantee anyway, as this is not what it's intended for.

Advertisement