Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

glanbia burned down again

Options
  • 03-01-2012 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

on rte earlier second time this month, someone really wants them old buildings gone, doubt its vandals nasty night for anyo.e to be out....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

Crews are still at the scene of a fire in a vacant building in Maypark Lane in Waterford City.

by Administrator January 3, 2012
    The fire is out and Waterford City Fire Service are now dampening down the area.The road was closed earlier due to the amount of smoke but has since reopened however the Fire Service is asking motorists to excercise caution for the next hour as they complete their operation there.The fire caused a lot of damage to a number of outbuildings in the former Snowcream Factory.

Sorry no link only copied and pasted from wlr fm iPhone app

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 OK2

Saw this myself the other day. The old stables are pretty much gutted now.
    Hoffmans Id say it was definetly vandals and hobo's!!
    Ive heard several people saying that the site is continuously being broken into and vandalised with "youths" being referred to on most occasions.
    Im not sure if weather conditions determine the habits of vandals in any case....
    Are you suggesting otherwise!!??

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

OK2 wrote: »

Students!! Its always them bloody students. even when it was bears, I knew it was them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

jayboi wrote: »
    Students!! Its always them bloody students. even when it was bears, I knew it was them!

Roma Traveller Students from Outer Space

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

what happened in glanbia??? the one in kilkenny???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Creamsoda

Icky Thump wrote: »
    what happened in glanbia??? the one in kilkenny???

Did you even read the thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Could be an ex employee with a passion for arson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

OK2 wrote: »
    Saw this myself the other day. The old stables are pretty much gutted now.
    Hoffmans Id say it was definetly vandals and hobo's!!
    Ive heard several people saying that the site is continuously being broken into and vandalised with "youths" being referred to on most occasions.
    Im not sure if weather conditions determine the habits of vandals in any case....
    were they not protected structures them big redbrick buildings holding up the planning , ah well were'nt protected enough for whoever took the time to get in there twice in a couple of months.... probally was vandals tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭TheGormog

Awful carry on! Desperate to see the fire brigade dragged out needlessly when there could be real emergencies underway.

There is no protected buildings on that site according to WCC anyway. Those old red brick buildings were part of the last development proposal as they were going to turn them into residential units. Unfortunatly ABP refused permission......Pity as the development included turning the mature woodland at the back of the site into a public park...instead we get another redundant site in the city with anti-social behavior.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

God dosen't like Waterford Creamries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

Creamsoda wrote: »
    Did you even read the thread?

i did but i didnt understand what everyone was talking about. the title said Glanbia and then people where talking about waterford creameries.

my girlfriend works in glanbia so when i seen the title and wasnt getting a response from her i was concerned

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Fishy1

jayboi wrote: »

Sadly, yes. The brickwork is still standing, but most of the roof is gone by now. Such a shame to see a building reduced to this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

stone work is pretty good ,what were they used for in their day before avonmore/glanbia moved onto the site id say they are protected or else they would have knocked them when they built the old milk plant...

Think there was an old house on the site which was knocked for the factory back in the day..Those buildings were stables and outbuilding attached to the house. Definetly not protected unfortunatly.

Advertisement