Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Syrround sound system no remote

Options
  • 03-01-2012 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

here's the problem, i have a digix HT-220 surround sound system, ive hooked it up fine and it plays dvds perfectly, but i cant get it to play through my ps3 or television, i suspect i need to change the channel on the receiver from dvd to tv but i cant seem to do much off the receiver itself, i have searched the model on remotes.com and logitech but the results yield nothing, i have attached photos of the buttons on the receiver and the back of the receiver plus the model number, can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 TaytoMan69

it's a tricky thing, ive searched google for the model number and everything but it has shown 0 results

• Registered Users Posts: 25,417 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

TaytoMan69 wrote: »
    it plays dvds perfectly, but i cant get it to play through my ps3 or television

How can it play DVDs 'perfectly' but you can't get it to play 'through the television' - do you means it plays audio CDs ok but not movies?

The one photo that might help us is a head on shot of the rear showing all of the connectors but don't bother with the speaker wiring on the left.

I see what looks like a SCART plug on the righthand side of your last photo, is that connected to the DVD player or the TV and is there just the one SCART or is there two? You have component and s-video connectors on the rear, either of which could be used to connect to the TV, unless there is a SCART socket specifically for the TV i.e. 'out' signal only.

no its just the one scart, ive also taken a pic of the 2 scart sockets on my tv if it helps too

Can't deduce anything from those photos - I can see that the Digix box is against a wall so probably not easy to get a rear head-on shot.

If the TV is conected via SCART then how is the DVD connected to the Digix? Can you describe all of the connections please, I can see an optical audio connector, is that from the DVD player?

the receiver has a built in dvd player if thats what you mean

• Advertisement

look at image 26 of the first set of photos i posted

look at image 26 of the first set of photos i posted

Sorry, can see the DVD tray now, the picture is well out of focus so didn't pay much attention to it originally.
    i cant get it to play through my ps3 or television, i suspect i need to change the channel on the receiver from dvd to tv

What exactly are you not able to do - play from what source to the TV?

What is the optical cable connected to?

the optical is connected to my ps3, im not able to watch the television and have it play out the surround sound speakers, in other systems ive seen you change the source from dvd to tv

I can't see any RCA (phono) audio 'in' ports on the back of the receiver so I'd say your only option for TV audio is if the SCART socket you're using on the TV is fully wired i.e. does input and output and is therefore capable of sending audio from the TV back to the receiver. Obviously when you're playing a DVD the sound is going from the receiver to the TV, every SCART socket will handle this, what you need is a SCART configuration that supports audio in both directions.

A lot of TVs with two SCART sockets will have one fully wired and the second only wired for video, you use the second port in this case for a VCR or DVD where the adudio only needs to go from the device to the TV i.e. input only.

I can see from your photo of the back of the TV that there are two SCART sockets, switch the lead into the other socket on the TV and see if it makes a difference.

If that doesn't work, look at the pins in the SCART cable, are all of them present? Some SCART cables are called 'video' cables and they only have the bare minimum wiring which in some case means they only have the minimum number of pins as well as wires.

Read the specs. of your TV and make sure that at least one of the SCART sockets supports audio out which means that pins 1 and 3 are active, all explained here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCART

As a matter of curiosity, how come you don't have the PS3 wired for video to the receiver given that it is wired to the receiver for sound? I can see that the component sockets aren't wired and you don't appear to have any HDMI connections on the receiver.

i tried switching them....nothing, it looks to be fully loaded and i have a hdmi going from the ps3 to the tv and optical from ps3 to receiver

• Advertisement

Can you take a look at the phono (RCA) sockets to the right of the optical and coax sockets, are they labelled in or out? There is a pair labelled 'front' but I'm thinking they are output because the video ports beside them are labelled 'video out'.

There is a phono socket to the right of the serial number at the rear, is this socket labelled?

the one on the right is for radio, i have rca sockets for front. surround and SW, Then there are 3 video inputs YPbPr (the red, blue and green ones)

Then there are 3 video inputs YPbPr (the red, blue and green ones)

No, those three ports are labelled 'video out', collectively they're known as component video. The fourth port making up the 2 x 2 square is a composite video port, probably also 'out'.

Look at IMAG0040 in your first post.

If the SCART conection won't deliver the goods, the only way I can see for you to feed audio from the TV is to use either the optical or coax port on the receiver, that is of course if you have a digital audio out port on the TV.

i dont think my tv has an optical port

Tell me the make and model of your TV. Do you have the owner's manual for the Digix receiver?

my tv is a polaroid FLM-2632 26inch hd ready tv, and i got no manuals for the surround sound, cant find one online either :/

Where did you buy the TV - and where did you get the Digix box? Do you live in Ireland?

According to the service manual for that model the TV has both optical and co-ax digital audio out, they're on the righthand side beside the RF IN (aerial) sockets so you could buy a coax cable and connect the TV to the Digix box.

i bought the tv in did about 3 years ago. perhaps i have the wrong model no, ill check the instructions, theyre in the attic so ill check tomorrow, and the surround sound came from adverts.ie

i bought the tv in did about 3 years ago. perhaps i have the wrong model no, ill check the instructions, theyre in the attic so ill check tomorrow, and the surround sound came from adverts.ie

That TV model is from 2006, if you bought it 3 years ago you were sold out of date stock plus Polaroid don't mention TVs on their website so getting even the manual is impossible by the looks of it. User reviews on CNET aren't very complmentary.

i think its a different model, ill check tomorrow

• Advertisement
Advertisement