Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone heading to perth solo next month

Options
  • 03-01-2012 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

hey
    sooo im heading to perth next month (feb) on my todddddddd
    anyone else going solo??:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

I am too, planning on heading out early in the month. Know a few people out there so i dont know if that counts as solo!

Havent booked my flights yet, but will probably go the week of the 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

There are loads of irish people here and they're probably easier to get to know than australians unless you move into a friendly share house. If youre worried about knowing no one you could always try for a boards beers. i dont think there has been one in perth for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Seems to be no demand for a Perth Beers, Melbourne seems to only happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭greenprincess

I'm up for Perth beers, I am flying back over on the 7th of feb :D

Sundy, try Air Asia i got a flight from london to perth for 400 euro :)

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

hey so do you live in perth ya?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 wtfDean

niva*sis wrote: »
    hey
    Hey im going to Peth in Feb solo, think im just goin to stay in a hostel for a bit when i arrive to try to get to know some people. Really nervous but excited too :)

hey
    Hey im going to Peth in Feb solo, think im just goin to stay in a hostel for a bit when i arrive to try to get to know some people. Really nervous but excited too :)

wtfDean wrote: »

when in feb are you heading? im the same staying in a hostel..was looking at stayin in the underground seems pretty central and close to most things. have you booked your flight? i will be pricing flights on friday.

wtfDean wrote: »

when in feb are you heading? im the same staying in a hostel..was looking at stayin in the underground seems pretty central and close to most things. have you booked your flight? i will be pricing flights on friday.
    Haven't booked any flights yet, was hopin to be goin by the end of jan but im so unorganized so its lookin like the first or second wk in feb! Did u get any prices on the undergroud hostel?

no didnt price the hostel just yet, im not too organized myself being honest, just have the visa and thats about it. are you looking to work straight away or do a bit of travelling first? i defo need a job asap!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

I'm heading in over in two weeks and I'll be up for Perth beers....It's up to us to prove Perth is better than Melbourne :rolleyes:

no didnt price the hostel just yet, im not to organized myself being honest, just have the visa and thats about it. are you looking to work straight away or do a bit of travelling first? i defo need a job asap!!!!!
    Prob just get to know the place for a week, catch some sun, a few nights out, defo have to start lookin for work then as the funds would be startin to run low! Iv read that gettin a flight from london can save a bit, what would ur thoughts be on that?

i know what you mean it will definitly take time to find out feet around the place, ya you can fly with air asia from london for cheap enough. what i'll do is when i go to travel agents tmro i can let you know how much they quote me. where would u be flying from in ireland? id say id be cork or shannon. i got ur pm but couldnt find you did u get my message?

i know what you mean it will definitly take time to find out feet around the place, ya you can fly with air asia from london for cheap enough. what i'll do is when i go to travel agents tmro i can let you know how much they quote me. where would u be flying from in ireland? id say id be cork or shannon. i got ur pm but couldnt find you did u get my message?
    Yeah that would be great thanks! Prob be flyin from dublin or shannon not too sure, didn get your msg!

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

Just looked it up there and they charged €570 and then lumpped on a load of taxes to make it €1,400 for return :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭greenprincess

gudede wrote: »
    Just looked it up there and they charged €570 and then lumpped on a load of taxes to make it €1,400 for return :eek:

wow thats steep!! I did book mine back in Sept tho.

If ye are looking for a hostel in Perth I really liked the Old Swan Barracks great craic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

I booked emirates today. €887 return to perth. Happy enough with that. A return flight was cheaper than the one way. odd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭crushproof

Sundy wrote: »
    I booked emirates today. €887 return to perth. Happy enough with that. A return flight was cheaper than the one way. odd

Emirates are by far the cheapest. They've a sale at the moment, I booked Dublin Sydney return with stopovers in Dubai for €839, I couldn't believe how cheap it was...happy days!

Advertisement