Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guy opposite Dunnes Stores who fixes/unlocks Iphones?1

• 03-01-2012 10:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭

HI,
    I got an Iphone unlocked & jailbroken by a guy about a year and 1/2 ago. Lives in by Dun na Coribe. I've tried googling but can't find him.
    I got another IPhone from my cousin but the screen was cracked.
    I've tried replacing it but can't get one of the 'chips/connection bits' back.

I also broke my wife's Samsung Galaxy mini and have similar problem as above.

Anyone have a contact number for the guy please?
    Or anyone else on the east side of town who could fix them?
    Thanks,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭mangled

try the place above carbon or the place in eyre square shopping centre. should help u out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭darraghking22

www.galwaypcrepair.com

he does iphones and ipods, but not sure about other phones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Cheers.
    I know there's a few places around that fix screens but they charge 'a lot'. Whereas the guy who did the stuff for me before was very reasonable, hence why I was trying to find him.

I think it's just a matter of getting the piece/chip to click in and it should be working for me. But I have the fear that if I go to one of the other places they'll charge €40 min or something like that.
    that's why I posted in the Galway City forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

dinneenp wrote: »
    Cheers.
    I know there's a few places around that fix screens but they charge 'a lot'. Whereas the guy who did the stuff for me before was very reasonable, hence why I was trying to find him.

I think it's just a matter of getting the piece/chip to click in and it should be working for me. But I have the fear that if I go to one of the other places they'll charge €40 min or something like that.

For what it's worth replacing a screen on a 3G/3GS is fairly easy. I've done it twice myself.

• Advertisement

naasrd wrote: »
    For what it's worth replacing a screen on a 3G/3GS is fairly easy. I've done it twice myself.

cheers. I have replaced mine but have problems with (I think anyway) just snapping one of the connection wires/bits into place. An 'official' place will probably charge €50+ for that service even.

i'll contact a few places and get quotes anyway...
    you could always take a look for me if you wanted and I'd give you whatever's fair price if you manage to fix it....

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭mangled

you shouldn't be paying anything more than 35e for a screen fix on 3g/gs. A place from my home town i know does it for 25e. or you can get your entire iphone replaced, (new buttons,speaker, screen, battery, casing) all for 65e (i think, maybe 75e) but your basically getting a new phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

dinneenp wrote: »
    Cheers.

Do you mean the guy in Terryland? Kamil Krawczak?
    http://computeracesgalway.com/index.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

mangled wrote: »
    you shouldn't be paying anything more than 35e for a screen fix on 3g/gs. A place from my home town i know does it for 25e. or you can get your entire iphone replaced, (new buttons,speaker, screen, battery, casing) all for 65e (i think, maybe 75e) but your basically getting a new phone.
    The price of digitisers ranges hugely depending on the quality and standard of work
    €5-€10 for a high copy from china
    €15-€20 for an original part from same
    That's why the prices vary from €25-€50 depending on who is doing it
    It's near impossible to get original casings for less than €50 so I'd say anyone replacing is using unofficial parts.
    I'd advise anyone getting a screen replaced to make sure a full 3m sticker is used as pictures below to make sure no dirt appears between the glass
    3g%20sticker.jpg

I managed to fix the Samsung myself. Got a quote of €45 from 1 place for it. Even though I stated it was just 1 cable that wasn't clicking in.

I'm going to try the IPhone again today.
    The guy in Terryland isn't the guy I was looking for buy I might get a quote from him if I can't fix it.
    The guy I was/am looking for isn't 100% pro, just doing it on the side.

• Advertisement
Advertisement