Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing toilets and wash hand basins.

• 03-01-2012 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am going to attempt to replace two toilet bowls and two wash hand basins and pedestals this weekend. I have no plumbing experience but there are lots of online tutorials and I think I will be fine but I do have a couple of questions.

The bowls, basins and pedestals did not come with any fixtures as they were showroom models, is there such a thing as a kit I can buy to install them ? Are all the connections standard sizes allowing me to use as much as possible from the existing units and just head down to the hardware shop as I go ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Bowls usually come in p trap or s trap and you can get a pan connector kit but make sure its either P or S as required.

You may have to adjust the outlet pipe depending on position of new pan.

Probably a flexie ext pipe for that too now a days. Ask in shop.

(I'm 18th centuary):D

go for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭North West

Hi Joe 10000
    What kind of pipe is used on appliances ? Put up a photo
    Nw

Tutorials are based on everything being perfect in a situation. The stuff you bought maybe different to the origional pieces you have in. I would not attempt your job on your own as too many things can go wrong ? If you decide to have a go on your own, do you have the Tools required - Spanners - Pipe fittings - Screws - PTFE tape - silicone - Do you know how to turn of the water etcetc. Do 1 of each and leave one of each in use in case of emergenies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

Thanks.

I do know how to turn off the water so at least nobody will drown. Yes I have a well stocked toolbox and a silicone gun.

I will get a pan connector kit as suggested above but I access boards through my phone and there is no way of uploading a photograph from here.

Advertisement