Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the best hairdresser in town?

Options
  • 03-01-2012 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Looking to get my hair done and don't know which hairdressers to go to, so I'm looking for your opinions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

me lack goes to the one in the lisduggan shopping center,
    and they do a lovely job on her head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

If you want the official answer to your question it would be Hype Hair and Urban Hype (Depending on your age and style preference). They do more training than a soccer team and have won more awards than Michael Jackson.

http://www.urbanhype.ie/
    http://www.hypehair.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Richie Hannigan in Newports Terrace just off Barrack St

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭cazwhatever

I go to the sculpting studio at superquinn. Always do a lovely job and often have offers on (% off highlights etc.) I wouldn't go anywhere else :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭next

oh I'd have to say Foxychopper Michael takes alot of time talking to his clients to understand what their after

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

If you want the official answer to your question it would be Hype Hair and Urban Hype (Depending on your age and style preference). They do more training than a soccer team and have won more awards than Michael Jackson.

http://www.urbanhype.ie/
    http://www.hypehair.ie/

+1

(Depending on your age and style preference)
    I'm going to back out of this post before I blow a fuse, what is it with hype and age ?

Well I dont work there next but I presume urban hype is for the slightly younger generation. Seeing as though they have consoles and Internet etc in their very youthful looking salon.

Do you work in foxychopper which would explain why such a trivial thing would make you want to blow a fuse?

We should be proud that Waterford has such advanced hair salons that easily upstages the likes of Peter Mark. You just sound like someone with an axe to grind tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Got my hair cut in urban hype for the 2nd time on New years eve, found them great, the girl was lovely and I'm delighted with my hair! She was a total perfectionist (i would be nervous about leaving people at my hair!)

My boyfriends mam got her hair done there before Xmas and she found them great too, so age doesn't matter. They gave both of us €10 vouchers that can be used in January.

Well I dont work there next but I presume urban hype is for the slightly younger generation. Seeing as though they have consoles and Internet etc in their very youthful looking salon.

Do you work in foxychopper which would explain why such a trivial thing would make you want to blow a fuse?

We should be proud that Waterford has such advanced hair salons that easily upstages the likes of Peter Mark. You just sound like someone with an axe to grind tbh.[/QUOTE no I dont work there or in any hair saloon its just that everytime Hype gets mentioned age seems to come into, its a hairdressers age should have nothing to do with it

• Advertisement

next wrote: »

We should be proud that Waterford has such advanced hair salons that easily upstages the likes of Peter Mark. You just sound like someone with an axe to grind tbh.[/QUOTE no I dont work there or in any hair saloon its just that everytime Hype gets mentioned age seems to come into, its a hairdressers age should have nothing to do with it

It probably doesn't. I was only guessing really. As mentioned above...Urban Hype obviously caters for all ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Kadent

Have to agree, Hype is pretty much just a lot of hype. There are one or two decent hairdressers in there but you have to know who you're looking for and ask specifically, like everywhere else. It's a salon and like every other salon not all hairdressers there are as good as the next one. Some are better stylists some are better at colour and the list goes on.
    With Hype you have the option of choosing between a junior or qualified hairdresser, the difference is reflected in the price you pay but more often than not you're just offered whichever one of them is available and as higher paid staff aren't always available you get whoever is.

As for the age thing, that's a load of bs. It's not a reflection of a good hair salon if all that's available is what's currently trending because that's all the juniors have learned to cut yet.

Foxy chopper have won many awards over the years too and I know the guy personally and he's a great guy but it's still pretty much a trending salon and that's not what I'm looking for.

I used to use Lloyds in Patrick St because I knew who could do the best job on my hair but she's opened her own salon outside town and it's not as accessible anymore.

There's an asian salon opened up recently on broadstreet an I've been there twice. The guy is great, I have fairly short hair so it needs to be cut regularly and he does it perfectly. Despite my age (36) he manages to keep it fresh. The other places want me to leave looking a bit more mumsy..because that's all they can imagine.
    (the asian guy spikes it and I leave with a mohawk ;))

chuck_bass wrote: »
    brian cullen on parnell street is good

He's a barber.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

Richard Hannigan in Newport Terrace

Advertisement