Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Cut Pro Exams

• 03-01-2012 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi All, I've had a keen interest in video editing for years and have decided to take the plunge and do somehting about it. I'm planning on getting some qualifications - mainly Apple certified ones. In the view to becoming employeed some way or another in the industry.

It may sound like a stupid question but does anyone know if its required to do FCP 101? Or can i jump straight to FCP 200? From what i can see it looks pretty much the same amound of details?

Also does anyone know anywhere I can do the exams on their own without having to do the course? I'm planning to self teech myself using the official Diane Weynard book.

I've probably a long way to go as i know these courses are mainly introductions... any info anyone has would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers
    John

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 fitzy45

I would be more concerned about which FCP you are doing the exam in. Final Cut Pro 7 exams are still available, but they are considered out of date by Apple. Final Cut Pro X on the other hand is up to date, however no professional would be seen dead using it.

Also, if you are interested in working in the industry rather than editing for yourself or videography type of work, I recommend you focus on learning Avid more than anything. Avid is used by almost all of the high-end post production houses, and looks a lot better on a CV than FCP. Plus, if you can use Avid, it will take you the guts of an hour to teach yourself FCP or any other edit software for that matter.

In terms of the exam, you can do FCP 200 first, it will cover everything that 101 covers plus some more in depth material.

Advertisement