Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should we follow the Germans? Germany's unemployment rate at record low in December

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

K-9 wrote: »
    Its all for all churches though, isn't it?
    Catholic donations go to the catholic church. Its exactly how they've managed to keep operational this long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

http://www.working-in-germany.com/ein-euro-job-0132.html
    In the scope of Hartz IV, the so-called one-euro jobs were created for those claiming social security. In officialese, these are called additional jobs or "working opportunities with extra compensation". This should give unemployed persons the possibility to earn a little money in addition to social security and actively participate in working life again. The stated aim is to find the way into permanent employment through this job.

One-euro jobbers are paid about one to two euros an hour, which is defined as extra compensation Social security and the expenditures for accommodation and heating are still paid for. Even the health, nursing care and national insurance are paid for by the Federal Employment Agency as before.

The maximal working time is 30 hours a week. If someone works more than 15 hours a week in a one-euro job, then he is no longer listed in the statistics of the Federal Employment Agency as unemployed. Such a job usually lasts 6 to 9 months. The money paid is tax-free, whereby however, expenditure like travel expenses cannot be written off against tax. The unemployed person is covered by the employer's insurance.

A contract of employment is not concluded. Instead of that, you receive a job-related plan stating the begin, duration, place, scope and distribution or the working time, contents of employment, the amount of extra compensation, industrial safety, liability, accident insurance and leave.

In order to prevent regular jobs from being destroyed by these cheap jobs, one-euro jobs may not be under an employment contract but must be of public interest, be in addition, neutral to competition and be purposeful with regard to the job market. Charitable work and jobs of a temporary nature are what result. Among these are looking after parks, neighbourhood help, youth and senior help. The providers of such jobs are cities/towns, municipalities or public institutions. The Federal Employment Agency offers these jobs to the unemployed. If the job is not taken on, social security can be reduced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    Catholic donations go to the catholic church. Its exactly how they've managed to keep operational this long.

I'd love to see the religious tithe brought in over here. It might make all the 'A la carte' catholics stop and actually think for a moment, "Do I really believe this sh!t?"

Calibos wrote: »
    I'd love to see the religious tithe brought in over here. It might make all the 'A la carte' catholics stop and actually think for a moment, "Do I really believe this sh!t?"
    To hell with that, last thing we need is to be handing these jokers any more money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Doc Ruby wrote: »

A German pithe tax? I doubt it considering the worldwide wealth of the Vatican.

I presume any recognised church has the tax. Islam, Judaism etc., as long as it is recognised?

Seems a very archaic tax but there you are.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I presume any recognised church has the tax. Islam, Judaism etc., as long as it is recognised?

Seems a very archaic tax but there you are.

When you register your address, you have ro register your religion and an extra 3% tax is taken of you and given to whatever church you register yoruself to be a member of. You don't pay anything if you regester as an athiest.

And before anyone asks, no, I have no idea how they pay it to the Jedi Knights.

As regards the general question, simple answer is Germans didn't go mad taking you 500K loans and spending money they didn't have, so when the credit crucnh hit, they weren't effected as they didn't have all that much on credit. More money, means more spending means the economy keeps moving.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Most of that isn't liquid though, its in assets like acreage and property. If it wasn't for the Germans and their fellow travellers, the church would have to sell off a small country per annum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Next summer, we'll also invade Poland.

So, eh, sure.
    They have already invaded us. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭inagoodway

to hell or to berlin

whatever the numbers are you can subtract at least 1 person from the german employment figures, it's my best friend, a berliner, he has been on the Hartz IV since 21 years, but now officially "employeed" but it's one of these made up jobs, he gets an extra $9 per day on top of his welfare of $~86 per week

• Advertisement
Advertisement