Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating 2012/2013 - Thread

• 03-01-2012 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

K so this is for anyone who is repeating after this LC or is thinnnnking of repeating (like me). Also anyone who is currently repeating....pros / cons?
    Everything is appreciated for some making the tough descision!!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

I dot really know your circumstances but why would you be thinking about repeating this early? Between now and the Exams there's more than enough time to get on track and do very well. Repeating should be a last option, take that from a current repeat. It's not something that should be in your plans unless it really has to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Eh... is it not a bit early to say that you're going to repeat next year? :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Stop procrastinating making these kinda dramatic threads and go study instead :P
    You won't need to repeat then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

It's okay to have this as a backup plan but you're much better off in focusing doing well the first time! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

i'm repeating this year and i didn't think i'd ever repeat until the day i got my results cos i got 440 but was 30 points short for the course i really wanted. you have plenty of time still to work this year. i know people who got over 500 and only started to work hard after the mocks so focus on this year and think about repeating when you get the results

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

For some reason I had repeating on the back of my mind all last year. But then when I did the Leaving and got my results I didn't think about it too much. By then I was about 90% sure I wouldn't come back and repeat, but after some thought I decided to anyway. :cool:

I definitely don't recommend it, if I were you I'd just tell myself repeating isn't an option, see how the next few months go, and then if you're unhappy with your results, decide then. Even slightly considering repeating at the moment makes it far more likely that you will end up coming back, so try to forget about it until after the exams. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭chomps_x

Ahhh the mocks havn't even started yet and you're thinking of repeating? Have a bit of faith in yourself... As a great man once said
    If you don't love yourself, who will?
    Take the finger out, open a book and you will be fine :D

Advertisement