Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January/February Beers -

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Saturday 4th Feburary
    Alessandra wrote: »
    Think I might like to attend one of these. Any other women going?

Despite the username, I'm a woman & will be at both (only for grub on the 4th though). We usually get a pretty even ratio so there should be some other female boardsies along too :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Saturday 4th Feburary
    I should like to attend. Are there any criteria for the evening I should be aware of?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

old hippy wrote: »
    I should like to attend. Are there any criteria for the evening I should be aware of?

Just bring your car keys and an open mind

Saturday 4th Feburary
    BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Just bring your car keys and an open mind

I don't drive, can I bring my oyster card?

old hippy wrote: »
    I don't drive, can I bring my oyster card?

Just a set of keys then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭flynninio

Saturday 4th Feburary
    Just a set of keys then

this is sounding like a swingers club :)

what is the actual normal plan for an evening? few beers and irish get together yes? music be good i guess. end of jan is this wknd coming so i presume something has been organised. if someone could pm me the details me and friend will jog along. cheers

just realised the wknd in feb is on same time as ireland v wales rugby. anybody watch the rugby while others eat? :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Saturday 4th Feburary
    flynninio wrote: »
    this is sounding like a swingers club :)

Sounding like a swingers club? :confused:

(Jokes aside, we're only a swingers group in Fishie's head. At least, as far as I know.)
    what is the actual normal plan for an evening? few beers and irish get together yes? music be good i guess. end of jan is this wknd coming so i presume something has been organised. if someone could pm me the details me and friend will jog along. cheers

just realised the wknd in feb is on same time as ireland v wales rugby. anybody watch the rugby while others eat? :)

The plans for both outings are now in the first post of the thread. If you want to come along, best thing is to PM me and I'll send you my number in case you can't find us on the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Ireland V wales is on the Sunday. Problem solved :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭cork exile in london

Saturday 4th Feburary
    does everyone meet outside this pub on sat? be cool if could arrange to meet someone for sure outside for newbies.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Fysh wrote: »
    (Jokes aside, we're only a swingers group in Fishie's head. At least, as far as I know.)

It’s not just in my head... Sometimes I draw pictures :) [/creepiness]

(Please don’t let me put anyone off coming along... I am female and not creepy in real life, and I promise there will be no swinging)

Back to being serious, I have a friend coming to stay this weekend and we’re going to a musical on Sat night. I might keep in contact by text though and see where you are when we’re out of the theatre!

• Advertisement

Saturday 4th Feburary
    if fishy not going then who do people meet outside? :(

If you PM Fysh, he’ll send you his number and you’ll be able to contact him beforehand. To send a message, just click on the username and a drop-down menu appears, choose ‘Send a private message’

(Our similar usernames were not intentional, I know it can be a bit confusing)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Saturday 4th Feburary

I should clarify -Fishie is the pervert who's trying to turn this into some sort of mad Irish Swingers Night. She's not coming along this weekend.

I'm the organiser (in the loosest and least organised sense of the word) of the Beers and am at all of them as a point of contact/Person To Blame if you're coming along for the first time.

If you haven't been to a beers before, PM me and I'll send you my number and a mugshot so that you know who you're looking for and have a way to contact them.

If you're coming for food on Saturday please let me know, as Meat Liquor enforce an "everyone queues" system so if you turn up late you'll have to queue to get in, which would be a balls if you'd never met any of us before.

I should clarify -Fishie is the pervert who's trying to turn this into some sort of mad Irish Swingers Night. She's not coming along this weekend.

:mad:

Saturday 4th Feburary

I'm the organiser (in the loosest and least organised sense of the word) of the Beers and am at all of them as a point of contact/Person To Blame if you're coming along for the first time.

If you haven't been to a beers before, PM me and I'll send you my number and a mugshot so that you know who you're looking for and have a way to contact them.

If you're coming for food on Saturday please let me know, as Meat Liquor enforce an "everyone queues" system so if you turn up late you'll have to queue to get in, which would be a balls if you'd never met any of us before.

ok thanks guys. will do so now :)

Saturday 4th Feburary
    Fishie wrote: »
    :mad:

What did I do now? :( Was I not meant to tell people about your deviant ways?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Saturday 4th Feburary
    So excited about Meat Liquor!

insert-cheezburger-plskthnx.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

So excited about Meat Liquor!

I really wish I was effing going to effing MeatLiquor. However, I will be in effing Paris. So that's not so effing bad. Eff.

On a bit of a burger-related tangent, I recommend Mother Flipper, now appearing weekly on Saturdays at Brockley Market. You heard it here first, folks.

Edit: I think it's time for a foodie-om-nom thread...I might get around to starting that.

Saturday 4th Feburary
    I really wish I was effing going to effing MeatLiquor. However, I will be in effing Paris. So that's not so effing bad. Eff.

On a bit of a burger-related tangent, I recommend Mother Flipper, now appearing weekly on Saturdays at Brockley Market. You heard it here first, folks.

Edit: I think it's time for a foodie-om-nom thread...I might get around to starting that.

here was me thinking that the irish pallet didnt stray further than uncle sams in cricklewood. oh us Irish have moved on eh . mother flipper ere we come :)

Giles Coren reviewed ML a while back, was really hilarious. I'm not a fan of burger joints especially not queueing for it but I'll go for a drink after!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Saturday 4th Feburary
    Giles Coren reviewed ML a while back, was really hilarious. I'm not a fan of burger joints especially not queueing for it but I'll go for a drink after!

We're going early to avoid the queue...

Saturday 4th Feburary
    I'm not a fan of burger joints especially not queueing for it but I'll go for a drink after!

Ah, you can't dismiss Meat Liquor as "just a burger joint" - the food is great, and the decor and music are fantastic. Not to mention that they've got some decent beers on, considering how limited the selection would normally be in a burger joint.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

We may be in attendance for beers on the 4th of feb, has a drinking establishment been decided on yet?

Saturday 4th Feburary
    Bit bereft of cash after Dublin chaos, may have to bail out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Dr.Giggles

Hey, gotta work till about 10/11 Saturday night, but if ye are still out and about ill be joining for some drinks. Enjoy meat liquor, I nearly threw up I ate so much the last time I was there, tasty stuff

Saturday 4th Feburary
    not been on for few days. looks like i be venturing out for my maiden meet up :) look forward to seen yee all there folks.

So we (me + oh) cant make the meat liquor tomorrow but would be up for drinks after, how can we find out where to go, what to do....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Saturday 4th Feburary
    So we (me + oh) cant make the meat liquor tomorrow but would be up for drinks after, how can we find out where to go, what to do....

Pm Fysh with your number and later when you're heading in he'll tell you where we are :)

Pm Fysh with your number and later when you're heading in he'll tell you where we are :)

didnt make will definitely make it next time:o

• Advertisement

Saturday 4th Feburary
    how did it go guys? went down bit late but the queue was to big and to cold outside :) did ye have good night and many go?

Advertisement