Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beers,Saturday February 18th,Cassidys Westmoreland Street,All Welcome

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

IMO once he booked it he's responsible. I'm not suggesting change the venue obviously.............i merely wondered whether or not the venue was/is wheelchair accessible - something which I have yet to find out??
    Anyhoo, if a simple request causes this much hassle, I think I'd be better off not going.

Otis could only be held responsible if he was charging us for organising this. And even then it'd be debatable.

As Otis is doing this off his own back, and to keep the 3D world social aspect of this little corner of boards going, I think it's unfair of you to go holding him 'responsible'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Responsible for what exactly?

For bringing the thunder! Yeow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭johnr1

IMO once he booked it he's responsible. I'm not suggesting change the venue obviously.............i merely wondered whether or not the venue was/is wheelchair accessible - something which I have yet to find out??
    Anyhoo, if a simple request causes this much hassle, I think I'd be better off not going.

Stop being childish. This argument is getting boring now.

so how about that local sports team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭johnr1

bluewolf wrote: »
    so how about that local sports team

Cough....ahem - .......

Ok, let's not be cruel.

It's only the league :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Fewcifur wrote: »

AND there was a cute bunny! Look at it! Look at that bunny!

Bunny makes everything better \o/
    Oh and I heard you showed that video to some folks don't show it to anymore people until I see the shaming thing myself :p

Also I heard this song in the shop and we should attempt to sing it at some point in the night. Just for the plain old craic of it all :pac: Gotta luuuurve the cheese (by we I mean everyone in the pub :P )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Sauve wrote: »
    It isn't wheelchair accessible.

Thank you. Finally, someone had the deceny to answer a simple question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

:rolleyes:

Post 708.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Otis's post from when he booked it http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76874589&postcount=708

Snap Otis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

It seems I won't be going to this: going down to Kerry to see my Grandfather who I haven't seen for quite a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Bunny makes everything better \o/
    Oh and I heard you showed that video to some folks don't show it to anymore people until I see the shaming thing myself :p

You talkin' to me? I didn't show no video to no one, maaaan.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I have been invited by a friend, so I guess I'll be in attendance. Are non-Gentlemen's Club posters welcome? I know it says "All Welcome", but still just want to make sure! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I have been invited by a friend, so I guess I'll be in attendance. Are non-Gentlemen's Club posters welcome? I know it says "All Welcome", but still just want to make sure! :)

Y'know the way there's an exception to every rule...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

How many times do you have to post in a forum to be counted as someone who posted in the forum?

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Once you don't smell like your username. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Larianne wrote: »

I'll have you know, I only smell half as bad as my username would imply!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

How many times do you have to post in a forum to be counted as someone who posted in the forum?

:confused:
    interesting question, and also how many roads must a man walk down :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

interesting question, and also how many roads must a man walk down :D
    Iirc, Homer Simpson told me seven, I trust that amazing man :cool:

Do I know what rhetorical means????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

Do I know what rhetorical means????
    Would you like me to answer that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I can't make it after all folks,
    Genuine reason prevents me from going.
    And I'm effing sickened

Thats just a big pile of lame P but sure needs must and all that.Next one for sure man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Panthro wrote: »
    And I'm effing sickened

:( We will just have to plan the next beers in Galway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Larianne wrote: »

:D:D:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Panthro wrote: »
    And I'm effing sickened

:( I fully agree with next beers in Galway. How about we start organising it already!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Belt away Daisies!
    I'm up for it anyway :p

Sauve wrote: »
    Belt away Daisies!
    I'm up for it anyway :p

Give me time to figure out where in Galway would suit (and give everyone a chance to recover from the upcoming beers):D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Galway ye say?

hmmm...

"Have Booze? Will Travel!"

:cool:

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Daisies wrote: »
    Give me time to figure out where in Galway would suit (and give everyone a chance to recover from the upcoming beers):D

I'm listening!
    Although I think we should hold off planning the next one until after the upcoming one!:)

• Advertisement

Galway ye say?

hmmm...

"Have Booze? Will Travel!"

:cool:
    awec wrote: »
    A pub.

I'm sure Galways has many.

:pac:

Lets not get too ahead of ourselves just yet. Concentrate on the 18th first!

Lets not get too ahead of ourselves just yet. Concentrate on the 18th first!

Pif, I can tell it's been tooooo long since you've been to a boards beers.

concentrating on 1 at a time...

Amatuer!

Amatuer!

Leave her be, she may leave us again and I don't want that!

I do agree, we are women, we can totes multitask dahlin' :P

Pembily wrote: »

Men can multitask, just not simultaneously. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

bring on the beers. last few weeks i have had i need me a good beers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

I'm up for it!
    Been about 1.5 years since I was at a Dublin meetup and boy was it a long night :D

Women do it simultaneously and amazingly :P

How about Galway beers, one month after these????

Paddy's Day Beers in Galway??

Daisies there's loads of pubs, Front Door, Kings Head, Skeff (Skeff is a great place for large groups :D )

Amatuer!

It has been too long. Like 18 months! So I think everyone should buy me a drink to welcome me back :P

Not going anywhere yet Pem (I is too broke :( )
    Oh I rock the multitasking vibe but only when I motivate myself to get out of bed first!

• Advertisement

Women do it simultaneously and amazingly :P

How about Galway beers, one month after these????

Paddy's Day Beers in Galway??

Daisies there's loads of pubs, Front Door, Kings Head, Skeff (Skeff is a great place for large groups :D )

Sure Pem, we're having our own Paddy's day beers in Galway anyway. Oh and I made friends with a bouncer from the Skeff and Karma at work last week. SORTED!

Sure Pem, we're having our own Paddy's day beers in Galway anyway. Oh and I made friends with a bouncer from the Skeff and Karma at work last week. SORTED!

It was Panthro's ideas to have it as a boards beers! Yes we are anyway but we need more than us two to make it a TGC beers :P

Well done, now Karma isn't great but it's fun, Halo is my fave :)

It was Panthro's ideas to have it as a boards beers! Yes we are anyway but we need more than us two to make it a TGC beers :P

Perfect. Good suggestion Panthro.

I'd have no problem driving to Galway for a beers(and would even take a few if people were stuck).

Would need a hotel or something though.

there's always hotel deals on

haha, a tGC beers attended solely by 2 wimmins.

:D

Edit:

oh wait, Panthro and you... thought you meant Daisies and you... dam reading faster then I can read...

• Advertisement

haha, a tGC beers attended solely by 2 wimmins.

:D

Edit:

oh wait, Panthro and you... thought you meant Daisies and you... dam reading faster then I can read...

Nope me and Pem had organised Paddy's weekend and now Panthro has got the right idea and decided to join the two girls!

Surely there'll be a mass exodus from Dublin when the word gets around

Nope me and Pem had organised Paddy's weekend and now Panthro has got the right idea and decided to join the two girls!

Surely there'll be a mass exodus from Dublin when the word gets around

Right so, well, feel free to put me down as a plus 1. Can't have ye wimmins ganging up on Panthro.

Right so, well, feel free to put me down as a plus 1. Can't have ye wimmins ganging up on Panthro.

:eek::eek: I would never do such a thing

Pem on the other hand, I have no control over :p

If this is actually a genuine offer then I'll put myself down as an 80% chance of going. :)

Once the Dublin one is over, I'll look into organising it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement