Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers,Saturday February 18th,Cassidys Westmoreland Street,All Welcome

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Larianne wrote: »
    That's a bummer. Sure see what happens in the next two weeks. People adapt when they have to!! :)

i hope so. i am already completely buggered in having to drive to dub for the race, drive home and then get the bus back up to dub. the awkwardness of it. i'll have to ring the hostel the night before and change check in time.

grr. poor baba as i said she can't barely eat, and vallyz day is her birthday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Daisies wrote: »
    WHAT ABOUT ME!!!!!!!!!!!! :(:(That makes it 6

I am very sorry my dear. I genuinely thought I was including you. Bit of a basic maths cock-up on my part. Sorry for the confusion. :o
    hdowney wrote: »
    i have a minor/major wtf am i going to do at the mo. as i may have mentioned the mother broke her arm (shoulder actually) on thursday. wen't to the fracture clinic today and they told her that i completely healthy, never smoked 20yo would take 3mths to heal. she is 63, used to smoke, diabetic with a quad cabbage so it is likely to take her twice as long. the problems being she can do NOTHING at the moment, and this beers is only two weeks away. by nothing i mean she can't cook, can barely feed herself, can't light fire, can't dress herself, and can't even get into bed properly. how the heckers am i meant to leave her from sat til sun alone!!!

Aw, hope you can make it.

I found a couch to crash on so it's looking good for me! :D

Kev.OC wrote: »
    I am very sorry my dear. I genuinely thought I was including you. Bit of a basic maths cock-up on my part. Sorry for the confusion. :o

Aw, hope you can make it.

i am determined. my hostel is booked. i will do everything in my power to make it so she can see herself through the night without me :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

You're forgiven :P Buy me a drink to make it up to me!:pac:

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

That's no couch, that's a state of the art "matressontheground" you'll be sleeping on! Bring your own pillows and duvet for that genuine bed feeling!

• Advertisement

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    That's no couch, that's a state of the art "matressontheground" you'll be sleeping on! Bring your own pillows and duvet for that genuine bed feeling!

I actually get a mattress!? I feel so privileged! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

A real friend would give the guest their bed.

Just sayin like.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I don't think herself would be too happy sleeping with Kev. :P

A good girlfriend wouldnt complain.
    :cool:

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

A good girlfriend wouldnt complain.
    :cool:

>_<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Konata wrote: »

>_<

Ah yes, the indirect direct guilt. Konata you used to be cool. "Ok, you pay lata!"

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Looking forward to meeting all the new peeps, and yeah some of ye oldies! :pac:

I hope you mean posters that have attended before Lari.

:mad:

Oh yeah, as well as you, obvo! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

for some people, both meanings apply :pac:

a4003843-183-deaf%20old%20man.jpg?d=1305102745

I SAID FOR SOME PEOPLE, BOTH MEANINGS APPLY!

i can't wait to meet people :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

hdowney wrote: »
    i can't wait to meet people :D

I feel i must warn you... once you go to a boards beers, you will want to go to as many as you can.

Becuase they are just deadly :cool:

I've been to a lot since Apr 2010.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I feel i must warn you... once you go to a boards beers, you will want to go to as many as you can.

Also everytime you go to one you either
    1) End up doing shots
    2) End up dancing like a lunatic
    3) End up talking to someone who's real name you don't remember
    or 4) All of the above

• Advertisement

excellent. i would have been to many already, but the finances prohibited
    1) End up doing shots
    or 4) All of the above

k so
    1, fabillis bring em on
    2, i don't dance cos i is crap, so we shall see. take a lot to get me to dance, specially when i will know no-one
    3, clearly!

come on :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

1) End up doing shots
    or 4) All of the above

Now in fairness I do tend to remember names.

I even remember yours! :cool:

I may or may not have had an disagreement with someone about whether they remembered me from a previous beers until they told me my username and my real name :o

Memory= terrible. BUT, I remember your name Drav. I have a recollection of having a conversation about dancing in Messers one night

I may or may not have had an disagreement with someone about whether they remembered me from a previous beers until they told me my username and my real name :o

Memory= terrible. BUT, I remember your name Drav. I have a recollection of having a conversation about dancing in Messers one night

Ye see now how considerate I was being to everyone when I came up with my username. Even gave the initials of my surname.

And not at all cause I'm crap at coming up with names...

...that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I always asummed the OC stood for "Of Course," as in, "Who else could it be?"

im hopeless with real names ;s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

bluewolf wrote: »
    im hopeless with real names ;s

Same. It's such a pain. I have a very good selective memory.

I bumped into someone the other day and could remember, about three or four years ago, putting their name and number into my phone.

"Add me on facebook, yeah?" *blank stare* "Sure"

I could murder a pint! I think I'll just go and wait in Cassidys now.

I think it's totally exceptable not to remember people's real names at beers. You have to first remember their username and then their real name?! That's tough.

i hope people don't mind if i process their real name, then promptly forget it and continue using their boards names when speaking to them for the rest of the night. particularly as i imbibe more drink

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Whats worse is when people only say "Hi my name is Laura" and you look at them going - and your boards name :confused: :rolleyes:

Advertisement