Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Biggest Loser

Options
  • 03-01-2012 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭

Don't know if this belongs here or in Health & Fitness Forum but anyways, were any of ye watching tonight? As someone who began another new years diet today I am looking forward to seeing how they all get on... More Luck to them!

Comments

Yeh watched it, thoroughly enjoyed it. Glad Damien got to stay, that Sam lad seemed like a total twat, I said it from the start that he wouldn't get far. Major chip on his shoulder.

Have a girl crush on the dietician!

very sad that Angie killed herself after the last series :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Thats sad - I have never watched it properly up to tonight, hadn't heard that.

Yeh she had her team cheat last year and subsequently got fired. She killed herself in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,649 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Always wondered why folk need to go on TV and embarrass themselves to lose weight?

Also, super fit girls would find it hard to look good in a little tight belly top, showing your midrift and tight shorts. Why must they put 20st girls in these outfits?

I guess it's that they just don't know where to start and they get all this fantastic expert advice for free, maybe they're past the point of being embarrassed and just want to take control.

And as for the outfits, yeh they're pretty horrific, but it is what most personal trainers will want you in when they're taking progress pics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭The Internet Explorer

COME ON DAMO ! ! LET'S F*CKING DO THIS ! ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 33,649 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

You're a thicko of the highest order if you don't know how to get yourself from 20st to 15st. Its simple.

Eat less junk, put the Coke and crisps away. Stop eating pizza's, chips, burgers and sweets. And go out and run. If you can't run, walk until you get your fitness up enough to run a little, then you will prgress and lose weight.

Its not rocket science.

I'm only 5'3" so I don't find it all that easy to look down on people :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I watch the US and Australian versions - miles better.
    Tried to watch an episode of the UK one last year and couldn't stand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

NIMAN wrote: »
    You're a thicko of the highest order if you don't know how to get yourself from 20st to 15st. Its simple.

Eat less junk, put the Coke and crisps away. Stop eating pizza's, chips, burgers and sweets. And go out and run. If you can't run, walk until you get your fitness up enough to run a little, then you will prgress and lose weight.

Its not rocket science.

Well, not rocket science, but healthy weight loss is actually a science...
    As someone who has worked in the nutrition and fitness industry, I can tell you that the above hypothesis isn't safe, helpful or in any way respectful to people with weight issues.
    I agree that in a lot of cases, that its a matter of getting up off your ass and doing something, but for an awful lot of overweight people they do exercise and eat (what they've been told) is healthy, but because of misinformation in both the media and from certain Doctors, people are destined to be unsuccessful from the get go.
    Anyone seriously considering losing weight should check out a book by Gary Taubes called Why We Get Fat, because its extremely informative and will give people an idea of the type of programme they should be undertaking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Davina made my stomach churn more than once in this, sight of her running over the finish with one of them was sickening, as was the fake concern and tears in the weigh in at the end :mad:

The attitude of some of the participants was sickening too, had to lose some weight on doctors advice last year myself, I didn't like the changes I had to make to diet etc. but I got on with it and still keeping it up and to say i would kill you and your entire family for a pizza or burgar and chips would be an understatement :D. I would have loved someone to hold my hand and decide my meals for me !!!!!!!!!!! So I know it''s not an easy thing for many people.

That said making people that overweight go 5km for a TV show can't be good for them, they seem focused on gettting the weight off and getting it off fast , which is not good !!!!!!!

Never watched these shows before so was a bit shoked in places

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Where do people watch the show? Its on saturday and sunday morning's. Its season 8 though. I havent seen it, so its new to me.
    I think season 10 is also shown somewhere on sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

I tuned in to watch it tonight via tv3 live on my laptop only to find it isn't showing. Really disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

It's also on ITV1 folks. just finished watching it now. Amazed how many Irish people are in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Where do people watch the show? Its on saturday and sunday morning's. Its season 8 though. I havent seen it, so its new to me.
    I think season 10 is also shown somewhere on sky.

Thats the US version (way better produced IMO, the UK one comes off like a fly on the wall of a weight watchers convention, no tension.)

I watch the US version at the weekend, dont bother with the Oz one for same reason mentioned above, and will probably drop the UK one soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

US version is the only one id bother with. Oz one is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Have to say that RTÉs Operation Transformation is a far better programme imo. At least anyone who wants to follow the leaders on that show can do so for free and with huge amounts of information available to them about diets, recipes, workouts etc, via the RTÉ website.

Advertisement