Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coins to notes machines

Options
  • 04-01-2012 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭

Cleaning out an old wardrobe and I found my forgotten large money jar of 5c coins, nearly €50 in it.

Anyone know of one of these machines I can dump these coins in to get notes around Dublin? There use to one in Stillorgan which appears to be gone.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭slarkin123

They usually have them in tesco . I think they take 9c from ever euro though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Just go to the bank and get some money bags, count it out and take back to bank, you'll get exactly what you have, none of this 10% commission bollox

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Buy your weekly shop with them at one of the self service Tesco tills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I've noticed that some of those machines now say 'Cash for Coins' on the side.

Coins are cash you fuppin' baxtards! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭brick tamland

I think that some Tescos used to give you an option of taking the full amount as store credit rather than losing 12% on cash value. I'm not sure if that’s still an option, I think there was a thread in here about it a while ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I think that some Tescos used to give you an option of taking the full amount as store credit rather than losing 12% on cash value.
    Read the small print VERY carefully. My tesco gave you a voucher for use in store, when you read it first you would presume it was full value, as you would also think "who in their right mind would want €50 in vouchers rather than €50 cash". But the were indeed taking the exact same commission with the vouchers.

Advertisement