Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't get graphics card to display to TV via HDMI.

Options
  • 04-01-2012 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭

I have a Bush 24" TV that I am trying to use as a monitor on one of my PCs. The graphics card in my PC is an ATI Radeon HD 4670. My normal monitor is connected by VGA and I was looking to use the HDMI port on the card to use the Bush TV as my main monitor and have a dual monitor setup. My PC will not detect the Bush TV when I connect it by HDMI, i've also tried using the DVI port with a DVI to HDMI lead but nothing on that either. I can only get the Bush to work by VGA and I'm using that right now. If I plug the HDMI cable into my Sony Bravia 40" it works right away.

OS is Windows 7 32bit.

In the Windows screen resolution page for Display it says "1. Display device on: VGA" and Resolution is 1920x1080.

I'm hoping someone knows how to get it working with a HDMI/DVI cable so I can use the VGA for my old monitor and have a dual monitor setup.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

your graphics card only has 1 clock so trying to use a vga and a hdmi at the same time is not gonna work........ if your gcard has a displayport socket in it you will need to buy an active displayport -> vga adapter.... then u can plug in your tv via hdmi (using the onboard clock) and the monitor via the displayport adapter (using its own clock)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 macromaker

I have it on authority from Argos who manage Bush TV technical support that the HDMI inputs on Bush TVs are not compatible with Windows 7. Interestingly I can get my 19" to work with Windows 7 (64bit) in SAFE mode.
    There do not appear to be any software updates on the horizon to fix this issue, and it was suggested that I may wish to return my 6 week old TV for a full refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 macromaker

Further to my previous post, I have installed a NVidia GeForce GT220 graphics card with 1GB DDR2 ram. The HDMI output recognises my BUSH television as a valid HDMI display, and provides a normal display. The NVIDIA driver was released in May 2011 and is digitally signed by Microsoft.

Advertisement