Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new ps3 cable

• 04-01-2012 12:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭

hi could anyone tell me where i can get a new cable for my ps3 its the one with the 3 coloured plugs yellow red and white its just that my dog has chewed mine and my tv wont take hdmi cables so its all i can use thanks;)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

shamrock55 wrote: »
    hi could anyone tell me where i can get a new cable for my ps3 its the one with the 3 coloured plugs yellow red and white its just that my dog has chewed mine and my tv wont take hdmi cables so its all i can use thanks;)

adverts.ie, ebay, amazon....plus most b & m stores.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

While you're waiting the PS2 Scart/Av cable and even the PS1's RF cable! will work if you have one(picture will be most definitely SD though , and good luck reading small text).You may need to hold the power button down for a few seconds on boot to get them working though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

dont tescos have them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

Trying to buy one in Waterford, been to every single store including Tesco that has anything to do with playstation consoles or games, but no joy. Was told in Gamestop that the same lead does PS2 & PS3 and was told in Smyths that it wont???? Can anyone answer for definite if it does??

I have one for the PS2 but it does not seem to work for the PS3, so maybe holding down the power button may be what i need to do.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Trying to buy one in Waterford, been to every single store including Tesco that has anything to do with playstation consoles or games, but no joy. Was told in Gamestop that the same lead does PS2 & PS3 and was told in Smyths that it wont???? Can anyone answer for definite if it does??

I have one for the PS2 but it does not seem to work for the PS3, so maybe holding down the power button may be what i need to do.

Afaik you need to hold the power button down until you hear two beeps , this should reset the video settings and should let you use a PS2 AV cable

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

Afaik you need to hold the power button down until you hear two beeps , this should reset the video settings and should let you use a PS2 AV cable

That worked a treat, thanks for that, I now have my TV back and the PS3 is in the playroom. :D:D:D

I presume that I just do the same again to switch back to HD?

Advertisement