Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

damaged/unwanted/old mobility scooter

• 04-01-2012 1:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

Im on the lookout for a mobility scooter that is being dumped/thrown out or whatever.
    Something older with a bit of damage would be ideal as I want the drive from it and the electrical to build something for my son, I've had no luck with dondeal or adverts as anything there seems to be in good working order so is 300 quid and up. I'm hoping for something for under 100.

Does anYone know of a place I should look?

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Lon Dubh

Sometimes the Irish Wheelchair Association magazine, spokeout have personal ads by members for very cheap or free scooters. You could join and keep an eye out. But this could take a long time as the magazine only comes out a few times a year, and of course there might be nothing suitable for you in it for a while. Still though worth a shot, unless someone replies to your message here with an offer.

Another place worth considering is Freecycle. On this site people offer stuff for free that they no longer need. I have seen mobility products offered on it before. You can go to www.freecycle.org to join. I think you can sign up to a few locations, so you could sign up to the nearest ones to you. You can put in requests as well so you could put your above post on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Alan b.

Is that like freetradeireland that site? I'll have a look see. I'll look into the Irish wheelchair association aswell. I wouldn't want to seem like I'm taking a free chair to chop up that is usuable where somebody in need if one could have it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Beechfield Healthcare

Hello Alan,
    We might have some ex demo and rental PowerPacks that might help.

Customer Care
    www.beechfieldhealthcare.ie

Advertisement