Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

community radio startup

Options
  • 04-01-2012 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey people I am looking into starting a community radio station in mallow where I live and i am wondering if anyone has any idea where i could get cheap equipment to buy to setup. I have been on or involved with pirate radio for years but never ever got involved in the running or workings of the equipment needed with it. I have been thinking about starting something with months but always backed out of it but now i really think i should go for it so if anyone has any good advice on where i could get cheap stereo transmitter and so on please do let me know.:):D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Hey people I am looking into starting a community radio station in mallow where I live and i am wondering if anyone has any idea where i could get cheap equipment to buy to setup. I have been on or involved with pirate radio for years but never ever got involved in the running or workings of the equipment needed with it. I have been thinking about starting something with months but always backed out of it but now i really think i should go for it so if anyone has any good advice on where i could get cheap stereo transmitter and so on please do let me know.:):D

Craol would be you best bet as a resource - they would be able to advise you as to how to apply for a licence etc, programming advice and set yourself up to pay royalties etc.

You can apply for a one year licence almost mmediately and that will allow you to broadcast for 100 days a year.

http://www.craol.ie/1/0/home.html

Advertisement