Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The should I bother to listen thread

• 04-01-2012 2:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭

Ok - I was going to make a thread asking should I listen to a certain album but I might as well make a generic thread where you ask should you bother to listen to a certain album/artist.

So - Should I bother listening to only built for cuban linx II? Is it worth bothering to buy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Ok - I was going to make a thread asking should I listen to a certain album but I might as well make a generic thread where you ask should you bother to listen to a certain album/artist.

So - Should I bother listening to only built for cuban linx II? Is it worth bothering to buy.

Yes, it's raekwon, the best wu tang member in my opinion, well worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Alri, I probably should I meant to listen when it came out but I never heard much said good about it even the production.

Alri, I probably should I meant to listen when it came out but I never heard much said good about it even the production.

RZA, dre, dilla and busta worked on it, now thats a quality collection of producers.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    RZA, dre, dilla and busta worked on it, now thats a quality collection of producers.

Ye I remember hearing that around the time it was being made but I never heard much about it being any good even though it was a follow up of a classic and with all the hype and production behind it.

I will give it a go though.

Mostly of the fact RZA is there, I don't think I have disliked anything of his ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

The dre produced track is excellent, other than that I'm not sure, only ever heard good things about it though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I thought it was good when I first heard it, a bit disappointed given the hype it got.

But now, I cant even remember the album that well, and I dont really go back to listen to it.

I had a 'should I bother' moment with Watch The Throne. Got pretty bad reviews, the Otis song was excellent, so I didnt know if i shold bother with it or not.
    Was in HMV and they were flogging it off to €5.99 so I said why not.
    Shouldnt have bothered.
    Otis is still dope. The first track with Francois Ocean is contructly brilliantly, its a shame that Jay and Kanye both threw throw away verses at it. In fact, the throw away verses seems to be a theme on the majority of the album.
    The song with Beyone is pointless, actually, alot of the songs are.

Even listening closer to Otis, they didnt rap over that beat properly. Justin Bieber has showed us how they should rap over it. When it's coming to the end of the 16, Kanye and Jay stumble through the break. Beiber rolls through it.

So yeah, Watch The Throne, dont bother.

Ok cheers, in regards to WTT I haven't listened but in paris is nice as is Otis.

I will give OBFCLII a listen, definitely seems to be a mixed bag though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Its a great album, Very well done although I'v only listened to it a handfull of times. I'll never forget the effort I went through to get the 1st one back in 95, Loud had no distribution here then.

Should I bother listening to Tical?

I love meth and he's one of my favourite wu tang members but I haven't heard anything good about this album nor have i heard anything bad though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

I love meth and he's one of my favourite wu tang members but I haven't heard anything good about this album nor have i heard anything bad though.

Tical is his best album, Its awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Should I bother listening to Yelawolf?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

charlemont wrote: »
    Tical is his best album, Its awesome.
    Yep. One of the best wu tang early albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Oneywu

fjsanchez wrote: »
    Should I bother listening to Yelawolf?

Definitely, but don't bother with his new album, get his mixtape "Pop The Trunk" it's a free release and one of my favourite albums/mixtapes from the last few years.

His album that he brought out a couple of months ago was the most disappointed I've ever been with a debut album, he really let his standards slip.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I was actually discussing Tical with a few mates the other day. It's in the top 5 solo wu albums.

It's excellent. Get it. Now.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I was actually discussing Tical with a few mates the other day. It's in the top 5 solo wu albums.

It's excellent. Get it. Now.

Sound man, next time I'm near a HMV I'll pick it up and I've been meaning to pick up paid in full, Is that worth buying?

I've been meaning to pick up paid in full, Is that worth buying?

Hells yes.

If you are buying in store, look out for a double CD set that has Paid In Full and another Eric B and Rakim album. It's normally cheaper than Paid in Full by itself.

Oh jesus yes.

Possibly on top of pretty much any other album out there - maybe only next to raising hell.

Advertisement