Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Termination of training contract

Options
  • 04-01-2012 2:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,

I am currently 5 months into my training contract with a small/medium sized accountancy firm and am due to sit my CAP1 exams in May. However since the moment I started I have realised that this is not a job I want to do and I have been totally miserable. I did not study accountancy for my leaving or in college but when I got offered the role I felt like I couldnt turn it down in the current climate. I was just wondering where do I stand in realtion to the repayment of fees. I assume I have to pay back fees but would it make a difference if I left before or after my exams in May? Can they force me to pay back fees? And if so would I have to pay back expenses for attending lectures as well? If so this could mount to €3000, which as anybody who has gone through a training contract knows is close to 3months wages!! I dont wish to transfer my contract to any other firm I just want out.

Any advice or opinions from anyone who knows about or has gone through the siuation would be much appreciated.
    (I know how lucky I am to have gotten this opportunity but its just not for me and I'm not doing me or the firm any favours by staying!!)

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement