Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Year...New Body

Options
  • 04-01-2012 4:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm just looking for advice on my training program...

Basically, I really want to get myself into shape(and a 6 pack), after many months of saying I'll do it tomorrow, I'm going to do it today...

So at the start I want to get myself down to 12 and a half stone(175 lbs) I am currently 198 lbs...so 23 lbs to go. I'm standing at 5ft 11", and at 175lbs my BMI will normal as opposed to overweight (yes I know BMI isn't the most accurate, but in my case its not totally wrong either)

So I have started to look at my diet and have started to cut down on my carbs and try and fit more vegetables into my diet on top of cutting the junk, now its very early days but I've started strongly...

I've read everywhere, for weight lose...Cardio,Cardio, Cardio...and wait for it...more Cardio.

Yes I understand Cardio is important, but so is building up my muscle mass...

So my weight program is as follows,

10reps x 3sets

Monday: Arms & Shoulders

Hammers Curls(seated)
    Tricep Extension
    Preacher Curl
    Tricep Kick Backs
    21's

Srugs
    Upright Barbell Deltoid Rows
    Dumbbell Rear Delts Raise
    Arny Press

Wednesday: Legs & Abs

Calf Raises
    Lunges
    Goblet Squats

Plank 30sec x3
    Side Plank(Right & left) 30sec x3
    Air Bike 30sec x3

Friday: Back & Chest

Flys Dumbbell, Bench Flat
    Lats Puldown Machine
    Bench Press
    One Armed Bend Over Row

Back Extensions
    Back Bridge

With Cardio on Tuesdays & Thursday...and maybe a little on Saturdays:D

My cardio, will be either stationary bike at the gym, or a road cycle(very much depends on the weather and time of day I get to it)...

Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated

P.S
    I also take Whey protein after my weights sessions, but I have accounted for that in terms of calculating my total calorie needs and intake.

Advertisement