Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New trains not being commissioned?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭dowlingm

22047 went into service yesterday and 22050 is expected to do so today. Those sets arrived in May 2011. 53/54 actually arrived in August. With four sets going into service in a week one wonders if some sort of showstopper bug has been finally fixed or a bunch of drivers finished conversion courses all at once?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Dublin Spotter

22050 started today with the 06.35 Kildare-Heuston, whats the deal with 22033 after the fire, still not back from what I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭bazza1

22633 in Inchicore for repairs.

6 months since the fire and still getting repaired......questions have to be asked about how long it is taking.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

nah, its not the worst and is currently similar to the bus but the train is loosing loads of time due to farting about with connections.

Take the Galway to Waterford trip and break it down
    Galway to Limerick is 2 hours by train direct
    To get to Waterford you have to get off and change at limerick
    Then change again at Limerick junction getting on the waterford train.
    Travel time from Limerick to Waterford would be 2 hours if direct but is 2h 40 with all the changing.
    So Galway to Waterford direct would be 4hours give or take whereas its now the guts of 5.
    The bus currently is timetabled at 6, abeit with an hour in Limerick to change
    Current times are:
    4:38 via Kildare
    5:01 via Heuston
    6:01 via Heuston
    6:20 via Heuston
    6:03 via Limerick
    6:25 via Heuston
    5:55 via Heuston
    5:58 via Limerick
    5:50 via Heuston

There are other connections, but they would not be via the shortest timing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭bazza1

6 months since the fire and still getting repaired......questions have to be asked about how long it is taking.

All underframe wiring being replaced...full loom.

Big job I hear!

Someone on RUI made the observation that the "bug" which meant so many sets entering at once was the extraction of a cheque from Dept of Finance :D

bazza1 wrote: »
    All underframe wiring being replaced...full loom.

Big job I hear!

206 was badly damaged in 2003 after a fire when running on the Enterprise. Took about 3 years to repair because all of its looms (about 11km of cable) had to be replaced. There was talk of her being scrapped due to the serious workload involved.

Hopefully the fact that 22033 was put into Inchicore rather than deployed as a 5 car set on the Wicklow line means the repair won't be THAT long. Perhaps a 3 car set could give up its middle car to compensate once the new 3 cars are in service and a "block 1" train can be spared?

22033 was in service as a 5 car for a shot while.

6 months since it happend so can we expect another 6 until its back?

I just don't see how somthing like this can take 6 months. Was/will there be a report released about reasons for the fire etc.

• Advertisement

Karsini wrote: »
    206 was badly damaged in 2003 after a fire when running on the Enterprise. Took about 3 years to repair because all of its looms (about 11km of cable)
    That sounds like a burnt out transformer.

22051/52 in traffic from today. 47/50 having a rest in Laois.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,716 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

22033 was in service as a 5 car for a shot while.

6 months since it happend so can we expect another 6 until its back?

I just don't see how somthing like this can take 6 months. Was/will there be a report released about reasons for the fire etc.

I hardly think IE would want a 6 piece set out of service any longer than necessary?

Or do you have special expertise in this area that can tell us otherwise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

They must have plenty of the new 22000 sets to be using them on Maynooth commuter services.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

Is there not still a set or two of 22ks in the sidings at Heuston not even out testing yet?I could have swore i seen them on Sunday?

Rud wrote: »
    Is there not still a set or two of 22ks in the sidings at Heuston not even out testing yet?I could have swore i seen them on Sunday?
    there's two sets not yet even delivered! (10,11)
    55-63 awaiting release to traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

There is 2 or 3 sets of (2 by 3 Cars) at Heuston last week. (one of the sets may of being the a set that started service on Mon)

Noted 22057 and I think 22049 at the side of Plt 8 with seats still covered in plastic. The others are still down the side of Plt 10.

Jamie2K9 could be, and 22048 also not yet sighted in traffic in addition to those listed in my previous post and 22047.

foggy_lad wrote: »
    They must have plenty of the new 22000 sets to be using them on Maynooth commuter services.
    This always happened as a way to use the Sligo line units before / after trips to Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

dowligin - It was 22055 and 22056 at the side of plt 8. Both sets were be tested this afternoon and they looked to be getting ready to do a test run. There was another 2 sets being tested at plt 10 also with a further 2 sets beside plt 10

Was on sets 22053/4 today.
    there's two sets not yet even delivered! (10,11)

The replacment for those sets is included in sets 22047-22063.

• Advertisement

Have all of the sets been delivered or are there still some being built?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,716 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    The replacment for those sets is included in sets 22047-22063.

No they are not.

22010 and 22012 have been rebuilt and are being delivered separately.

These are the final sets, which have yet to be delivered.

All of the other 17 sets have now been delivered and 6 are now in service.

apparently 22049 and 22058 are in traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭kc56

dowlingm wrote: »
    apparently 22049 and 22058 are in traffic

Actually 22058 was used on the 22nd March on the 2110 to Kildare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

Just passed 22062 being moved from Inchicore to Heuston. Still has the plastic wrap on the seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

maybe 1 might trickle down to the rosslare line? more than lightly not though. oh well

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

The 2800s have not yet been fully replaced. Apparently a 4x2800 consist left Drogheda for Waterford this week.

dowlingm wrote: »
    The 2800s have not yet been fully replaced. Apparently a 4x2800 consist left Drogheda for Waterford this week.
    i suppose it will operate the waterford lj line either as 2 sets of 2 cars or 1 set of 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

i suppose it will operate the waterford lj line either as 2 sets of 2 cars or 1 set of 4?

Probably just for training/familiarisation. I don't know what allocation of trains waterford has now for LJ trains

• Advertisement

Probably just for training/familiarisation. I don't know what allocation of trains waterford has now for LJ trains
    yeh thats probably why all right. can't see the lj line being 22k operated but who knows.

Advertisement