Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evo 2012 discussion

Options
  • 04-01-2012 5:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭

just thought this might be of interest to all,the games for evo 2012 announced shortly ago, 6 this year

SF4AE2012
    UMVC3
    SCV
    MK9
    KOFXIII
    SFxT (apparently??)

whats ya all think? no blazblue? what state will sfxt be in?

im of course super happy to see mk in there for its 2nd time :D

get hype :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Not exactly happy about BB getting dropped, Evo last year was pretty hype with it.
    And now SFxT is confirmed? Okay, whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Voa wrote: »
    Not exactly happy about BB getting dropped, Evo last year was pretty hype with it.
    And now SFxT is confirmed? Okay, whatever.

according to tym front page,apparently so...maybe thats why theres 6 :confused:

im sure there'd be a bb side tourny set up by the players over there especialy with extend out (in some parts of world anyway) but if it got streamed is another thing i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

why is sf x tk in there? Mr. Wizard himself said he didn't how the f they were gonna run it.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

With so many games released/coming out, something has to get cut. I was on the capcom IRC yesterday when Wizard mentioned that the final line up hadn't been decided and that kof wasn't confirmed (maybe down to kof or bb choice?). That said, I'll only really watch SF4, SFxT and maybe some UMvC and KoF13. I really wanna see Daigo beast with Ryu this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    why is sf x tk in there? Mr. Wizard himself said he didn't how the f they were gonna run it.

Because it's a gigantic AAA title that's going to be the biggest casual fighting game in years.

• Advertisement

evo stood for casual fighting games? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

No Skullgirls?

UN-HYPE.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Because it's a gigantic AAA title that's going to be the biggest casual fighting game in years.

Which makes it very interesting why he'd go to the point of posturing about not having it at all. I wonder where they jockeying for some form of support from Capcom or something.

EDIT: No tekken game there... that's going to be some unhappy people too, I assume.

Which makes it very interesting why he'd go to the point of posturing about not having it at all. I wonder where they jockeying for some form of support from Capcom or something.

EDIT: No tekken game there... that's going to be some unhappy people too, I assume.

I think a lot of the tekken community in america have accepted this due to last years tekken performance. It's a 2 year old game which has no recieved to updates (unlike sf and bb). So a majority of the community has moved on to either sc or mk, and are waiting for tag 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Dunno how anyone could be surprised by sfxt being at evo

• Advertisement

bush wrote: »
    Dunno how anyone could be surprised by sfxt being at evo

Well, Mr Wizard basically tweeted no way he was having it when gemageddon broke.

I dunno, maybe because it would take ages to actually run one because of customizable gems. Because a lot of the community already perceives it as not a tournament game and is proved extremely unpopular with the fans. I'm surprised they didn't wait a bit to see how the first few tournaments would run, before they run one on such a large scale as evo.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

I dunno, maybe because it would take ages to actually run one because of customizable gems. Because a lot of the community already perceives it as not a tournament game and is proved extremely unpopular with the fans. I'm surprised they didn't wait a bit to see how the first few tournaments would run, before they run one on such a large scale as evo.
    Gem mode surely will be disabled for Tourneys making the game competitive and balanced and not dumb

That would be lolz, with capcom intending gems to play a massive part in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

The Hound wrote: »
    Gem mode surely will be disabled for Tourneys making the game competitive and balanced and not dumb

Watched the podcast, they intend to use gems.

Naphiel wrote: »

Can't see how that's going to work, I honestly think it'll take longer than a MK button check and that's already ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Naphiel wrote: »
    They also said they wern't having the game at Evo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Well, Mr Wizard basically tweeted no way he was having it when gemageddon broke.

I wouldnt take anything he says seriously. Its a new street fighter game, I dont see how it could not be on the lineup.

bush wrote: »
    I wouldnt take anything he says seriously. Its a new street fighter game, I dont see how it could not be on the lineup.

I actually agree, my last post before that I was saying how I reckon he was probably just looking for stuff off Capcom. This is probably a unique situation for Evo where NOT putting on Capcom's new game would probably be the popular choice among the hardcore.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

<@MrWizard&gt; man
    <@MrWizard&gt; thats why i said no
    <@MrWizard&gt; to a live camera
    <@MrWizard&gt; you wouldnt have wanted to see my face
    <@MrWizard&gt; when i was talking about sfxt lol

He doesn't even want SFxT at Evo, you could hear it in his voice

• Advertisement

GorySnake wrote: »
    <@MrWizard&gt; man
    <@MrWizard&gt; thats why i said no
    <@MrWizard&gt; to a live camera
    <@MrWizard&gt; you wouldnt have wanted to see my face
    <@MrWizard&gt; when i was talking about sfxt lol

He doesn't even want SFxT at Evo, you could hear it in his voice

Linky?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

SFxT is definitely going to be at Evo for the first year, then if it's crap it'll be dropped.

There is no way the Evo organisers will piss off Capcom and Namco by not featuring it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Linky?

It was in a thread on SRK which has shockingly been deleted now.

I'm not shocked that Gem Fighter is in and I really can't see how anyone could be shocked. More interesting is the fact that they are going to allow gems. That's a massive mess and I can't see how it will work.

Although maybe if Capcom give them codes for all the gems then it may be somewhat feasible but the time factor of setting will still be huge timesink especially considering there is six games this year. Wouldn't be at all surprised if they announced a four day EVO this year.

For all the whining I would love it if SFxT ended up being massively competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

evo stood for casual fighting games? :confused:

Evo is easily the most casual-oriented of any fighting game major - that's how it gets, what, 4x the numbers of any other major? As someone pointed out on another forum I read, check out all the posts on SRK every year with people saying they're going to Evo as their first tournament.

It also gets substantial backing from the big FG developers, as already stated there's no way Wiz could risk that by not having this huge AAA collaboration between Capcom and Namco on the bill.

The reason there's no Tekken is just because TTT2 won't be out for Evo. I'd say it'll definitely be there next year.

Overall I think the lineup is really good, great to see KOF as an Evo main game and I'm glad MK is on there, seems to have a strong dedicated community for it. Not pushed on SC5 or SFxT personally but they'll both draw big numbers I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    The reason there's no Tekken is just because TTT2 won't be out for Evo. I'd say it'll definitely be there next year.

SC5 keeps Namco sweet too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

KOFXIII
    Evo just got 100 times more hype.

The show's up on YouTube, I'm watching right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Not having BB in evo is sad. At least there is a gods garden for it. So Its grand ^__^

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

chueytoo wrote: »
    Not having BB in evo is sad. At least there is a gods garden for it. So Its grand ^__^

That's exactly why BB isn't in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Clearly we should all go to Evo and teach them how it's done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

For all BB heads, here's the direct skinny from everyone's favourite speak-now-think-later, Mr. Wizard:
    Right out of the gate, Blazblue couldn't even beat Tekken last year for attendance at Evo, and BB was the ONLY game at Evo last year that couldn't break 200 entries. Straight up that is just sad, no matter how good the tournament ended up being.

Secondly AKSYS was too busy throwing around cash to EVERY OTHER TOURNAMENT but Evo, and Evo saw zero support from them last year.

When the very company cant support Evo, or the players dont show up at all, what did you really think was going to happen?

Source

Advertisement