Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to do the eastcoast

Options
  • 04-01-2012 6:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭

Ok so I plan on working in sydney till march then doing my farm work till june, Would 2 weeks be enough in june to do the east coast, Does anyone have any guides as how to do it, Thanks in advance for anwsers:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

two weeks is pretty short
    minimum 3 weeks I'd say

depends what you like but I got a greyhound ticket as was travelling alone.

Some of the well known areas :
    Coffs harbour, Byron Bay, gold coast, Brisbane, fraser island, whitsundays, magnetic island, cairns, port douglas, cape tribulation are all good spots - depending on what you like

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

just about enough. I think 17 days is perfect.

Go from north to south.

so the main spots are:

Cairns
    Magnetic Island (only if your OH is going with you as is quite romantic)
    Whitsundays (Airlie Beach)
    Fraser Island
    Brissy
    Surfers
    Byron
    Sydney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Well Ill be travelling alone, Have to be back home for a wedding in july so have only the first weeks of june to do it, What was doing it alone like? Would you think doing it yourself is better than travel agents?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

One piece of advice - save yourself a day and fly from Gold Coast to Sydney.

Driving it was the most boring 1000kms of my life and there's nothing worth stopping at between Byron and Sydney (especially not Coffs Harbour and the 'Big Banana' :mad:)

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

Xavi6 wrote: »
    One piece of advice - save yourself a day and fly from Gold Coast to Sydney.

Driving it was the most boring 1000kms of my life and there's nothing worth stopping at between Byron and Sydney (especially not Coffs Harbour and the 'Big Banana' :mad:)

Ha, seriously? Me and the GF are planning on stopping off at a few of the towns inbetween Sydney and Brisbane when we arrived back from Fiji

Where you by yourself when you did the trip?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ha, seriously? Me and the GF are planning on stopping off at a few of the towns inbetween Sydney and Brisbane when we arrived back from Fiji

Where you by yourself when you did the trip?

No I did it with five others. There was so little to see that we did the trek in a day, only stopping at Coffs Harbour for a decent stint.

There and Byron are the only places worth considering between Gold Coast and Sydney imo, but others might say different. Awfully boring drive/scenery either way though.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Joe Gt

Do ye all have blinkers on driving the coast ? ye have to go off the free way to see things

Byron , Nambucca ,Tweeds heads ,South west rocks , yamba , Port maquarie , port stephens , Hunter valley ,
    Stay away from surfers , do Tweeds , coolengatta instead ,

Advertisement