Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Sports Tv for Ipad 2

• 04-01-2012 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi all, just wondering if anyone can clear up a question that i have, and have tried to get sky to answer but they dont seem to be able to do.

First off, i have sky at home but do not have subscription to Sky Sports or Movies packages. I have an iPad 2 that i got for xmas. I loaded the sky sports tv app onto this and enrolled for the E10.99 p/m subscription. All works fine and i have the four sky sports channels, sky news, sky sport news and ESPN.

My queory is regarding the price of the offer relating to the ipad specifically . I read the details from the App store regarding the app,

http://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/sky-sports-tv/id453417026?mt=8

I see the price is stated for the iphone and ipod touch. I can't see the price for Ipad anywhere and indeed when you search for 'Sky Sports Tv' in the app store under ipad, no results show up. But under iphone, it does show results.

Im just wondering will i face a large charge from sky somewhere down the road as knowing them its strange that they let me get the app for the same price on a ipad as it is on the iphone. Bigger screen an all. As i said i have contacted sky to get an answer, but got nowhere only a 25 min runaround,

Cheers for any help.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Duckytech wrote: »
    Hi all, just wondering if anyone can clear up a question that i have, and have tried to get sky to answer but they dont seem to be able to do.

First off, i have sky at home but do not have subscription to Sky Sports or Movies packages. I have an iPad 2 that i got for xmas. I loaded the sky sports tv app onto this and enrolled for the E10.99 p/m subscription. All works fine and i have the four sky sports channels, sky news, sky sport news and ESPN.

My queory is regarding the price of the offer relating to the ipad specifically . I read the details from the App store regarding the app,

http://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/sky-sports-tv/id453417026?mt=8

I see the price is stated for the iphone and ipod touch. I can't see the price for Ipad anywhere and indeed when you search for 'Sky Sports Tv' in the app store under ipad, no results show up. But under iphone, it does show results.

Im just wondering will i face a large charge from sky somewhere down the road as knowing them its strange that they let me get the app for the same price on a ipad as it is on the iphone. Bigger screen an all. As i said i have contacted sky to get an answer, but got nowhere only a 25 min runaround,

Cheers for any help.

It does say it is compatible with the iPad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭gzoladz

EUR 50 per month for the sports pack for ipad...I would buy if it was priced reasonably, but who in his right mind would pay EUR 50 pero month for content that is generally available online for free, legally and in your language of choice in most of the cases.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

gzoladz wrote: »
    EUR 50 per month for the sports pack for ipad...I would buy if it was priced reasonably, but who in his right mind would pay EUR 50 pero month for content that is generally available online for free, legally and in your language of choice in most of the cases.

€10.99 per month, where are you getting €50?:confused:

I should have clarified, eur 50 for non Sky customers. EUR 10.99 of you are on Sky already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I think your best option is to get Sky Sports added onto your original Sky tv sub.

then your packgage is mirrored onto your ipad/pc mobile devices for free at no extra charge as i think you said originally you do subscribe to sky but not to the sports pack.

• Advertisement

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I think your best option is to get Sky Sports added onto your original Sky tv sub.

then your packgage is mirrored onto your ipad/pc mobile devices for free at no extra charge as i think you said originally you do subscribe to sky but not to the sports pack.

€34 or 37 per month for the sports pack. I think I'll go with the €10.99pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

I should have clarified, eur 50 for non Sky customers. EUR 10.99 of you are on Sky already.

Not true for non Sky subscribers it's €10.99 were are you getting €50 from??

whiterebel wrote: »
    €34 or 37 per month for the sports pack. I think I'll go with the €10.99pm.

You can haggle with Sky and they usually offer 1st few months oe 6months at half price. Then you call them to downgrade after the soccer season is over, thats what i do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Then buy the Apple HDMI output adapter and you can watch it on your tv anyway, would that work?

You can haggle with Sky and they usually offer 1st few months oe 6months at half price. Then you call them to downgrade after the soccer season is over, thats what i do.

They wouldn't last month anyway, and I ain't going ringing them every month.

• Advertisement

You can email them instead of phoning them.

I do it regularly by email i just make sure i give them my account number and viewing card number very time in the emails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Arciphel wrote: »
    Then buy the Apple HDMI output adapter and you can watch it on your tv anyway, would that work?

not unless you jailbreak it and download tvout from cydia.

luzon wrote: »
    Not true for non Sky subscribers it's €10.99 were are you getting €50 from??

From the sky website, unless I am not reading it correctly. The cheapest Sky Go package that includes sports in ~ EUR50 for non Sky Customers.

Blazer wrote: »
    not unless you jailbreak it and download tvout from cydia.

Or you go to mypremium dot tv, pick stream 2 (this is the only one that works on the ipad) and there you go.

From the sky website, unless I am not reading it correctly. The cheapest Sky Go package that includes sports in ~ EUR50 for non Sky Customers.

I was just thinking what if you have a pal who is entitled to free sky go but has not 5 devices registered, perhaps you could then register your ipad to their sky account to avail, I know lots of people who are entitled to free sky go but they don't bother with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

I was just thinking what if you have a pal who is entitled to free sky go but has not 5 devices registered, perhaps you could then register your ipad to their sky account to avail, I know lots of people who are entitled to free sky go but they don't bother with it.

This will work, although its now changed to 2 devices, not 5.

Yes, it is not that I am that keen to get it. The odd time I want to watch something that is shown only on Sky I use mypremium.

Thanks for the suggestion.

It is a pity that the Sky Go ticket is so pricey, they could reduce it a bit and use it strategically to catch potential new clients.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

If you go into the Sky Sports TV App its 10.99 per month for non Sky customers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Liveonlinefooty.com €30 for the season,or well it was in july when i renewed my subscription,as far as i know the season pass is actually a year in length,not just the football season. Works on appletv,iphone,ipad & android is supported too.
    Its basically shows sky sports 1,2,3,4 and PPV events, UFC etc

Theres flashstreamsports too which have a larger selection of channels but ive never been on it.

LOF does day passes for £2 or £3 i think to try it out.

Well worth it!

barryd09 wrote: »
    Liveonlinefooty.com €30 for the season,or well it was in july when i renewed my subscription,as far as i know the season pass is actually a year in length,not just the football season. Works on appletv,iphone,ipad & android is supported too.
    Its basically shows sky sports 1,2,3,4 and PPV events, UFC etc

Theres flashstreamsports too which have a larger selection of channels but ive never been on it.

LOF does day passes for £2 or £3 i think to try it out.

Well worth it!

Liveonlinefooty not accepting new subscribers, unfortunately.:(

• Advertisement

They will again in may/june.

Can you sign up for a day pass even? If you have had any sort of membership with them you'll get the option to buy the season pass before first time subscribers.

Its a great service,looks brilliant on the ipad.
    You can access too through the browser on a ps3 aswell.

luzon wrote: »
    If you go into the Sky Sports TV App its 10.99 per month for non Sky customers.

I think that is for the actual Sky Sports News. I am talking about Sky sports 1 to 4, ESPN, etc

Your lucky day chief!
    Open sign up day is here! http://t.co/6yrWUAsg You have until midnight to sign up. We will announce more sign up days later on this week.

http://twitter.com/#!/liveonlinefooty/status/156042384659058689

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

They will again in may/june.

Can you sign up for a day pass even? If you have had any sort of membership with them you'll get the option to buy the season pass before first time subscribers.

Its a great service,looks brilliant on the ipad.
    You can access too through the browser on a ps3 aswell.

Too right, is there a way of connecting the iPad 1 to the TV to watch LOF?

Your lucky day chief!

A gentleman, thanks very much. Diamond Geezer.....:D

Advertisement