Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA IV - Modding help

• 04-01-2012 10:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭

So I just finished downloading my GTA yesterday from steam (Took a long time on my connection) and I decided to try out some mods. And now I'm after messing the game up and I can't run it anymore!
    http://www.gtagaming.com/downloads/gta-iv/misc-mods/11925
    This is the mod I installed
    Can anyone help me? I replaced the files, and when I try to run the game it says "GTA IV FATAL ERROR: D3D Error - Please re-boot your system"
    I've re-booted my system and nothing has changed.
    Re-downloading isn't really an option. It was 14gb+ and I have a 100kbs< connection!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

You should make a copy of the games folder before modding. I've tried it a few times with GTA Iv and never got it working properly. Don't you have to install Icenhancer first? I never got past that stage.

Advertisement