Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uses for Jamie Oliver Flavour Shaker

Options
  • 04-01-2012 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭

Hi all (and Happy New Year).

I got a present of one of these for Xmas. There was a booklet with it for ideas, but I'm wondering if anyone actually uses these on a day-to-day basis or are they just dust collectors?

Thanks in advance,
    Loire.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

I only use mine occasionally but when I need it, its really useful.

I have one recipe that called for loads and loads of crushed black pepper corns.
    I'd have RSI in my wrists if I tried using the grinder. The flavour shaker makes short work of it.

Also, I have lost my lovely wooden pestle, so I just have a sad lonely mortar and the flavour shaker is used for crushing spices now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

huskerdu wrote: »
    Also, I have lost my lovely wooden pestle, so I just have a sad lonely mortar and the flavour shaker is used for crushing spices now.

OT, but Aldi have granite pestle & mortar sets for €9.99 at the moment, and they're a nice big size.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

Ours has been in use constantly for almost a year now as a means of filling up space in the cupboard...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

zinzan wrote: »
    Ours has been in use constantly for almost a year now as a means of filling up space in the cupboard...
    Ditto. Got one last year for Christmas from my brother- and sister-in-law, used it once and it's now occupying cupboard space with all the other useless gadgets collected over the years.

Advertisement