Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gas Cooker Jets

• 04-01-2012 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi All,

I recently bought a cannon dual fuel with the gas hob. Fueling it with butane bottled gas. Only realised that the high irregular flame on the hob was caused by the fact that the wrong jets were installed. A change over kit came with the cooker consisting of 4 jets with smaller openings and i am in the middle of changing to these. My question is i have been using the cooker now for 4 weeks with the wrong jets, was this dangerous?? If so what could the end result have been?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭anuprising

carbon monoxide poisoning - who fitted the cooker for you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭inovo

An experienced friend of a friend. He used to install cookers about 10 years ago. My own fault really for not getting an RGI installer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭anuprising

buy yourself an overdue present . a carbon monoxide alarm it could save your life . as for your experienced friend of a friend , we shall now just call him a friend of a friend :)

good ventilation can also save your life

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭inovo

anuprising wrote: »
    buy yourself an overdue present . a carbon monoxide alarm it could save your life . as for your experienced friend of a friend , we shall now just call him a friend of a friend :)

good ventilation can also save your life

Good advice. I bought 3 fireangel carbon monoxide alarms 3 weeks ago and have them at strategic points around the house. As for the ventilation, that is something i do need to look into next.

Advertisement