If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Receiver/amp - purchase advice

Options
  • 04-01-2012 11:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi Guys,

I am interested in buying a new receiver or amp from you.

I will be using 2 x Monitor Audio Bronze2 from an existing system. It will be hooking it up to a 720p projector with HDMI and also using an Apple TV 2.

Stereo sound quality for music is a priority for me as I won't be adding more speakers soon and this system will be used for more music than video.

I have been looking at the Denon 1912, onkyo tx-nr609 or yamaha RX-671.

Do you have any recommendations from these or other units given my setup and need for good stereo sound?

My budget is around 400 euros and I would be looking for delivery to Dublin.

Thanks.

Sam Russell.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Sam.

Unfortunately and fortunately :D with the budget that you have, the Denon is the only one that would fall into your budget.

It's a very nice receiver and 4 have left us today to go to customers so it's our most popular receiver at the moment and the fact that they have continued the free airplay upgrade means that you will save the £40 on that also. It's well suited to music as well as A/V.

I personally feel that at the price that it's at, the Denon would offer the best combined stereo and A/V performance for the price.

The Onkyo 609 is a better receiver and when used in the Pure Stereo mode, the 609 is excellent for music, but it comes in at 480 Euro including delivery and you don't have the airplay feature.

The Yamaha is a decent receiver, but against these other two at the moment, the Denon offers better value and the Onkyo has the better stereo performance, so for me, it's not a runner.

I hope this helps, but let me know what you think.

ATB

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mrsamrussell

Thanks very much for the advise Dave. I'll give the store a buzz.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Sam,

Did you get sorted ok?

Shop has been very busy. If you haven't been speaking to anyone you can drop me a number and I can call you? We're here to 17.30 today.

Chris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mrsamrussell

Yup...got sorted for a Denon 1912 :) (well, thats if the postman delivers!)

Thanks for great service.

Sam

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.