Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement UPVC windows - recommendations?

• 04-01-2012 12:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭

I think some of my windows may need replacement and I'm considering new triple glazed ones.

Anyone recommend a reliable contractor? I'm hoping to use a smaller supplier rather than the bigger operators who operate throughout Munster.

Just that I would prefer to give the business to the small guy if that makes any sense?

John.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I know it's probably not who you are looking for but my Dad got the same jobe done a few months ago and ended up using Munster Joinery. They were by far the cheapest. They do sometimes seem to get some bad press but he had no problems. Paid half the money up front and told the rep they would not get the rest until the job was fully completed. He is very happy with the job.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

I've used both Munster Joinery and Eoin O'Shaughnessy for two different jobs, both were great. At the time Munster joinery weren't interested in doing replacement, preferred new build.

The last job I got was by Eoin O'Shaughnessy, he was well priced and did a great job, I would highly recommend him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

We got a big job done last year (all the windows and external doors replaced plus a lot of glass for an extension.)

I went looking for a lot of quotes and found Treaty Windows the best. Their price was excellent and Christy and the lads were wonderful. Anyone who visits the house thinks the windows and doors are fab.

I can't praise them highly enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ki

Seamus Barry
    Barry Window Systems
    Annagh Lisnagry Limerick Co. Limerick
    (061)378200

I've seen his work and its very good.
    He uses Star Elm frames and Carey Glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Filipkos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'm sure the OP got sorted nearly 2 years ago. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Zombie thread gets Daryl Dixon'd

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement