Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa Bulb

Options
  • 04-01-2012 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi,
    I have lots of outdoor Santas at home that need their bulbs replaced. I looked at the bulb on one of them and it is a 220v 40 watt screw-on bulb. I am, however, finding it really difficult to find this bulb. Most of the bulbs here are 240 volt and I try them and they don't work.
    Could any one please help me? Thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭concur4u?

as far as im aware there should be a +/- tolerance voltage on the 240 lamps make sure you screw them all the way in to make the center contact the fittings could also be faulty

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Hi,
    I have lots of outdoor Santas at home that need their bulbs replaced. I looked at the bulb on one of them and it is a 220v 40 watt screw-on bulb. I am, however, finding it really difficult to find this bulb. Most of the bulbs here are 240 volt and I try them and they don't work.
    Could any one please help me? Thank you!

A 240V bulb will work fine, sounds like you have another problem.... is it not a bit early to be setting up for christmas? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Your possibly just not screwing the new bulbs in far enough. Or the contact at the back of the bulb holder might also be a little corroded, meaning that if you are screwing the bulb in far enough, it may not be making good contact.

The 240v bulb instead of the 220v ones wont make any difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

is it not a bit early to be setting up for christmas? ;)

No, its a bit late i thought:D

Advertisement