Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting rid of VHS

Options
  • 04-01-2012 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭

I have a stck of VHS tapes to get rid of. Do any recycling centres take them? There're to many for my black bin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

My F-I-L asked the same question very recently. So I'm interested in replys. I suggested the local gardening club to extract the tape and use for keeping the birds off the cabbages but not if you have more than a black bin full!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Doing a quick search brought up a few threads.

http://www.boards.ie/search/?q=recycle%2Bvhs&sort=newest

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Charity shops if they are actual films.

Some centres will take video and audio tapes, but you should ring them in advance to check for such a big amount.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Agreed with charity shops..maybe you could ring a few hostels etc to see if they have any use for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I would try a flea market, there's always a few collectors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

Or via Jumbletown - a site for recycling (free or charge) everything from VHS tapes to garden furniture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Are they not suitable for the green bin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

adverts.ie got rid of some there my self in the past free to take away :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

spider_pig wrote: »
    adverts.ie got rid of some there my self in the past free to take away :)

Yup..they'll snap your arm off for free stuff over on adverts....not so good at buying stuff however!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Throw them up on freetradeireland too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Cheers folks. I'll stick them online as a job lot, maybe, and see if someone will come take them away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

kylith wrote: »
    I have a stck of VHS tapes to get rid of. Do any recycling centres take them? There're to many for my black bin.

We had tons of children's VHS tapes and Temple Street hospital were delighted with them. Give them a ring first to see if they would like them.

Advertisement