Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards equivalent site

Options
  • 04-01-2012 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

Family members in Uk are in awe of this site. They can't seem to find an equivalent site for the UK. Anyone know of a site as good for and in the uk.
    Thanks for reading.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

There was an English version of boards.ie if memory serves me right.
    It was sadly rarely used I think - so was abandoned. Strange - and a pity!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

There were many Boards variants - boards.org.uk, boards.co.jp, boards.tv etc but they all resided on a server that had a hardware failure and died. Biggins is right when he says that of all the sites we have, only boards.ie was ever truly used - demonstrated by the fact we had about 8 or 9 sites on that one machine, but Boards.ie is spread across lots of machines :) DigitalSpy is a big UK site, but mainly deals with TV/Movies/Entertainment as far as I know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

The closest you'll get in the UK is:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

• Advertisement
Advertisement