Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photo of the Week #80 26/11/2011 - 02/12/2011

• 04-01-2012 1:17pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Sorry for being very late with this one. My MacBook is not well and had to be rushed to Apple Hospital. Have borrowed a PC to do the count (how did I use these things before?)

Anyway .......

Well done to gloobag for the next POTW.
    4.jpg

Honourable Mentions

steoc
    384849_317784971567600_100000082982899_1397947_1650970150_n.jpg

snowyeoghan
    6414544815_027a73e072_z.jpg

djd80
    6432643063_1b76e8c07f_z.jpg

Mjollnir
    6411869685_29b0edf0f8_z.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

the 2nd shot is stunning - my kind of pic -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Amazing selection of photos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

nicely done folks. love em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

beautiful pictures!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

As usual a fantastic standard. Great work everybody.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭thatsnotmyname

Amazing collection of shots!
    well done everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Steoc that's fab. She's too cute for her own good ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭paulusdu

5 fantatic shots there guys, really are quality stuff. Maybe we should make the winner post some details on the shots (where, when and how) ?? or did we have that before? old age plays tricks on the mind . . . . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

paulusdu wrote: »
    5 fantatic shots there guys, really are quality stuff. Maybe we should make the winner post some details on the shots (where, when and how) ?? or did we have that before? old age plays tricks on the mind . . . . .

Well I'm always willing to share.

My shot was taken at Portmarnock beach as the sun was going down. I used a 24-70mm lens (at 70mm) on a 5DmkII at f22 with a variable ND filter attached to get a 30sec exposure. I was up to my ankles in the water (Converse ruined :() with the tide going out as I took this.

I did very little PP (other than cleaning up the filth from my sensor :o), just a small boost to the colours and darkened down the sky a tiny bit.

I intentionally went out to take a shot like this as I wanted a nice landscape to print for my folks as an Xmas pressie. It's now hanging in their lving room :)

I don't really shoot many landscapes, but I enjoyed this outing so may do a bit more in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

gloobag wrote: »
    Well I'm always willing to share.

My shot was taken at Portmarnock beach ...

Could've sworn that was An Fear Marbh off Slea Head until I realised it was the wrong way round.

Superb pic gloobag

• Advertisement
Advertisement