Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2012 **READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Lukeyy

MaKay182 wrote: »
    what kind of questions were asked in the irish poetry and stories?

I don't know sorry. I haven't sat mine yet this is just everything I've gathered from going through this thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Leaving_cert

Does anyone know the poem and story for examcraft Irish paper 2 ? I have hints for other subjects .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 LC_sucks

Lukeyy wrote: »

And India is no doubt the document as that is the Leaving Cert document for the next two years so its a waste of time asking unless you're asking the specific case study

What about
    Secession Of Katanga and Race Relations in France
    ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Babygurl

LC_sucks wrote: »
    Paper One: Speech about Obama (know features of speechwriting!), folllowed by write a speech, then a comprehension about Adi Roche followed by writing a recomendation for someone(real or imaginary) to win a Yong Person of the Year Award, and then a comprehension about Greg Mortenson in Kophe in Pakistan, which was followed by a radio speech about the importance of education for young people.
    Composing included: a short story in which time of year is important, short story where the central character undergoes an unexpected change and a speech to your yeargroup about making our own future or something.
    Paper Two: Hamlet - Hamlet isn't perfect but deserves admiration and sympathy, and deception as a fundamental theme.
    Comparitive - Literary Genre and General Vision and Viewpoint
    Poetry - Plath shows fear and doubt through honesty, Heaney gives an insight into normal experiences with precise language and innovative imagery or something, Kinsell, and Larkin.
    Unseen - First Lesson, by Phyllis McGinley.
    . What paper is this ???

What about Secession Of Katanga and Race Relations in France?

Woops :\ Never mind I'm an idiot... I thought the whole book was India...
    India is on one of the mock papers anyway the only case study we've studied

• Advertisement

Babygurl wrote: »
    Paper One: Speech about Obama (know features of speechwriting!), folllowed by write a speech, then a comprehension about Adi Roche followed by writing a recomendation for someone(real or imaginary) to win a Yong Person of the Year Award, and then a comprehension about Greg Mortenson in Kophe in Pakistan, which was followed by a radio speech about the importance of education for young people.
    Composing included: a short story in which time of year is important, short story where the central character undergoes an unexpected change and a speech to your yeargroup about making our own future or something.
    Paper Two: Hamlet - Hamlet isn't perfect but deserves admiration and sympathy, and deception as a fundamental theme.
    Comparitive - Literary Genre and General Vision and Viewpoint
    Poetry - Plath shows fear and doubt through honesty, Heaney gives an insight into normal experiences with precise language and innovative imagery or something, Kinsell, and Larkin.
    Unseen - First Lesson, by Phyllis McGinley.
    . What paper is this ???

It's DEB

. What paper is this ???

DEB

. What paper is this ???

DEB
    And does anyone know what came up on examcraft ? Thanks

Woops :\ Never mind I'm an idiot... I thought the whole book was India...
    India is on one of the mock papers anyway the only case study we've studied

ah right...any idea about the
    dictatorship and democracy q? and you said the coleraine controversy...did you mean a full essay about it?

Mod note: SPOILERS!

Apparently Plath, Heaney, role of women and soliliquoys...or possibly deception?

Mod Note: Use Spoiler Tags please

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 RonanM93

Would you be able to pm me or post the business long questions and some tips on the maths paper?

Maths Paper 1 DEB HL Spoiler:
    Question 1: Real roots- but its not a direct question- theres three graphs and you have to find the range of values represented by them...my teacher said its a roots question though!, then after that its expressing b in terms of a etc.

Q2- alpha/beta and simultaneous equations

Q6- Differentiate 1/x from first principles,, derivative and second derivative of xsinx, then show that a function has real roots and newton-raphson method.

Q7- parametric equations , and differentiate sin(-1) of root x, oh and part (a) is finding the slope of a tangeant to the curve y= ln3x where x is .5

Any more info on q3,4 or 5? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭doyler101

what subjects did everyone have today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Sammytammy

Anyone have the biology paper that
    ph of enzyme as the experiment and part one of a question is bout the nervous system

Please help me guys :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 pandax

HL Biology and Geography anyone? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Kellogs92

. What paper is this ???
    english paper 2 DEBS had it today

ah right...any idea about
    the dictatorship and democracy q? and you said the coleraine controversy...did you mean a full essay about it?
    Its very possible it could be a combined question I'm not sure sorry :\

Has anyone done HL business examcraft yet? :D

Its very possible it could be a combined question I'm not sure sorry :\

ok, cos my teacher says that essays just on a case study, while they looke easy, are very hard to do well in cos it's hard to get up to 60 in the OM :)

Apparently Plath, Heaney, role of women and soliliquoys...or possibly deception?
    Is it more then likely something like the deb paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ClareBrenno

Please someone give me some hints on what came up on chem

• Advertisement

ok, cos my teacher says that essays just on a case study, while they looke easy, are very hard to do well in cos it's hard to get up to 60 in the OM :)

I'd well believe it. Though I know they often use questions and get you refer to one or more of a following list so I would say its likely to be part of that

theres been loads of posts on what came up on examcraft :D

Is it more then likely something like the deb paper?

well i'd say so, seeing as they're all based on the same predicitions for the real thing...not 100% sure about hamlet though

Rissax wrote: »
    Geography(H)
    human interference with the rock cycle.. A European policy which Ireland has benefited from (cap) karst region (burren) human influence on soils. Distributions of volcan
    is that DEBS or Examcraft?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

pandax wrote: »
    HL Biology and Geography anyone? Thanks
    Waterfall, river interaction(dams),migration,overpopulation,growth of calcutta,map of ireland,european expansion, paris region secondary activities,agriculture in ireland

David1994 wrote: »
    Waterfall, river interaction(dams),migration,overpopulation,growth of calcutta,map of ireland,european expansion, paris region secondary activities,agriculture in ireland
    is that DEBS or Examcraft?

I'd well believe it. Though I know they often use questions and get you refer to one or more of a following list so I would say its likely to be part of that

yeah true...just thinking about it now, and our mock has to have something on
    either Brokeborough, O'Neill and the Welfare State cos that's all we've done for NI, and also she seemed pretty certain about Sinn Féin's rise to power, and the reasons leading up to it.

Mod Note: Use Spoiler Tags please

doyler101 wrote: »
    what subjects did everyone have today?

English examcraft paper 2 !
    If anyone knows the Irish examcraft story and poem will you please post it and if you have the exact question . I'm begging you !

for any history students this site is amazing! http://leavingcerthistory.net/revision/revision-handouts/

• Advertisement

I have English Paper 1 and 2, Home Ec and LCVP DEBS if anyone is willing to give me Geog DEBS?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement