Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2012 **READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Lalish

Biology Debs questions anyone? would be very much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

Lalish wrote: »
    Biology Debs questions anyone? would be very much appreciated.
    Section 1.
    1.Question about trace elements in the human diet. A couple of other foody questions. Another question about a fat soluable vitamin and deficiency.
    2.Ecology easy stuff.
    3.Weird propogation question I can't remember completely, didn't do it.
    4.Photosynthesis
    5.Respiration
    6.Alveoli

Section 2
    1. Investigation of growth of leaf yeast on agar plate experiment.
    2. Effect of temperature on enzyme.
    3. The one where you put seeds on an aegar plate and see if they've started digesting the nutrient medium? I can't remember experiment name.

Section 3
    1.Ecology easy enough stuff. I'd learn the carbon cycle if I were you.
    2. Homeostasis, amoeba, something else (kidney maybe?)
    3.Genetic crosses and DNA stuff.
    4.Part a b c answer 2: Bacteria, mitosis, tissue.
    5.Part a b c answer 2: Brain/Sensory Neuron, Human Reproduction willy diagram and other stuff, heart heart diagram and heartbeat.
    6. Plant reproduction. Genetic engineering.

Additionally, more info on specific things-
    Know everything there is to know on the brain E.G. The areas.
    DNA - Rna and biomolecules
    Kidneys - Where and what hormone is secreted
    Bacteria - Know the growth phases.
    Protista ( Ameoba ) - Draw and label 3 areas ( excluding contractile vacuole )
    Heart - Label it and show where the blood flows. Also explain heartbeat.
    Ecology - You must know food pyramid , the limitations of it. Competition and is competition fiercer in same-species.
    Pollination- Cross + self pollination. Go over in detail , I ignored this.
    Neurons - Sensory , direction or impulse , also learn another system other than CNS a neuron is in. Also a disease e.g. Parkinsons- also a treatment e.g. electricity shock I believe.
    Lungs - Alveoli ( 3 adaptations - One cell thick, surrounded by capillaries ) Know the diagram you will have to label three parts.
    Propagation - Know and adapted stem and root and an example of each and the definitions.
    Reproduction - Know the diagram of a penis , where semial fluid is formed , a few others , and a sterile condition and its cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Junior Jacon Jeese Jurger

Anyone got DEB Info for OL maths (both papers) , HL biology, HL engineering or HL home ec?
    Thanks

Section 1.
    1.Question about trace elements in the human diet. A couple of other foody questions. Another question about a fat soluable vitamin and deficiency.
    2.Ecology easy stuff.
    3.Weird propogation question I can't remember completely, didn't do it.
    4.Photosynthesis
    5.Respiration
    6.Alveoli

Section 2
    1. Investigation of growth of leaf yeast on agar plate experiment.
    2. Effect of temperature on enzyme.
    3. The one where you put seeds on an aegar plate and see if they've started digesting the nutrient medium? I can't remember experiment name.

Section 3
    1.Ecology easy enough stuff. I'd learn the carbon cycle if I were you.
    2. Homeostasis, amoeba, something else (kidney maybe?)
    3.Genetic crosses and DNA stuff.
    4.Part a b c answer 2: Bacteria, mitosis, tissue.
    5.Part a b c answer 2: Brain/Sensory Neuron, Human Reproduction willy diagram and other stuff, heart heart diagram and heartbeat.
    6. Plant reproduction. Genetic engineering.

Additionally, more info on specific things-
    Know everything there is to know on the brain E.G. The areas.
    DNA - Rna and biomolecules
    Kidneys - Where and what hormone is secreted
    Bacteria - Know the growth phases.
    Protista ( Ameoba ) - Draw and label 3 areas ( excluding contractile vacuole )
    Heart - Label it and show where the blood flows. Also explain heartbeat.
    Ecology - You must know food pyramid , the limitations of it. Competition and is competition fiercer in same-species.
    Pollination- Cross + self pollination. Go over in detail , I ignored this.
    Neurons - Sensory , direction or impulse , also learn another system other than CNS a neuron is in. Also a disease e.g. Parkinsons- also a treatment e.g. electricity shock I believe.
    Lungs - Alveoli ( 3 adaptations - One cell thick, surrounded by capillaries ) Know the diagram you will have to label three parts.
    Propagation - Know and adapted stem and root and an example of each and the definitions.
    Reproduction - Know the diagram of a penis , where semial fluid is formed , a few others , and a sterile condition and its cause.

Thank you sooo so much!!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

Lalish wrote: »
    Thank you sooo so much!!

No problem at all!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Sun Tzu

refer to spreadsheet its all there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 dolerz

roisin796 wrote: »
    maths paper??
    pm sent!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 roisin796

maths OL paper 1 and 2.....examcraft...please....i've got english n home.ec??

one more thing, what was the questions in Biology
    photosynthesis and respiration
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭FinnD

Can anyone confirm this, if heard 4273 different versions of examcraft geography!!!!
    Physical - 20 marker on volcanoe - what is a lahar, how does a volcanoe produce acid rain, what 2 materials are pyroclasts made of B human interaction with fluvial, marine etc. processes C Lanform development - Waterfall seastack etc. whichever you studied.

Human - 20 marker was on internet usuage..most questions came from the picture but the last question was why is internet usage lower in the eastern european countries. B - Discuss site , situation and function of the map. C - Discuss the postive and negative impacts of human migration with exampleS< more than 1. I broke this up into positive impacts on host region and negative on donor regions. but im sure thats only 1 way.

Regional -i cant remember part A..nothing complicated B - primary in a perhiperal region im presuming it said ( because i did agriculture in mezzo in italy) C - Tertiary in either BMW OR GDA

Biomes -Discuss how soils , flora and fauna have adapted to the environment of the biome you have studied.

Human activity in the biome

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 anonimous

galway8 wrote: »
    Are they all HL papers any pass?:)

hey would you be able to post the french to the spreadsheet, the one listed there is quite sketch!

also, is
    emigration a question in the writen section?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 33 Geo20Limerick

anyone that done higher level maths deb wanna give me some more pointers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CamWard94

Anyone know the biome question for DEB HL geography ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 kate12399

DEB Art History any one i have Eng, Irish and German just message me :)
    Thanks x

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Exam

What is on examcraft art historyy!!!! helpppppppp!! honours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 eimear444

Hi cud u send me the maths paper I have it 2moro is there any papers u want I have English and geog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ClubOrangeKid

kate12399 wrote: »
    DEB Art History any one i have Eng, Irish and German just message me :)
    Thanks x

could you please give me the german, desperate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mizshoppaholic

Irish paper two, DEB, OL :) please anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 JRB

ordinary english paper 1 DEB

have both irish and maths paper ol to trade

• Registered Users Posts: 22 LifeIsPositive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Pennyroyal Tea

Forgot spoilers. Shall edit in a moment. Sorry. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 JRB

DEB ol english isnt

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭HeaneyBabe

I've done:
    HL English Paper 1 and 2, OL Maths Paper 1 and 2, HL irish paper 1 and HL Geography ALL DEB!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 TheArtist11

Art history higher level anyone?! Have it tomorrow. Our teacher hinted
    impressionist artists so I've done Monet,Manet and Degas.
    What about Irish and Appreciation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Syngates

Nice! thanks! this has most of what I need!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 AOIFE15

CamWard94 wrote: »
    Anyone know the biome question for DEB HL geography ?

I cant remember if mine was deb but one of the biome questions was the
    effects of climate
    on a biome you have studied:)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ClareBrenno

Hayezer wrote: »
    Do you know whats coming up in letter and ausserung? I also had listening with Green Sisters and chicken, badly need tips :(!

Hey i need help too did u get any information?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Pennyroyal Tea

Hey!

I was just wondering if anyone would mind telling me what poets are coming up on each of the mock papers (Examcraft and DEB)?

Basically, I was convinced that we were getting the DEB Paper, as our teacher hinted that
    Plath, Heaney and Kinsella
    were coming up as the poets. However, on the spreadsheet, the other paper also has those three poets, and
    Dickinson
    , who isn't even on the syllabus this year. I just want to make sure that
    Heaney
    isn't the poet that's supposed to be there instead of
    Dickinson

Also, another school in our town got the same paper as we're getting this year (though I don't know any of them personally). I heard that a question is coming up about
    Deception in Hamlet
    , but now that's in both Examcraft and DEB too. Is that question on both or is there a mistake on the spreadsheet?

Any replies will be very much appreciated. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

FinnD wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm this, if heard 4273 different versions of examcraft geography!!!!
    Physical - 20 marker on volcanoe - what is a lahar, how does a volcanoe produce acid rain, what 2 materials are pyroclasts made of B human interaction with fluvial, marine etc. processes C Lanform development - Waterfall seastack etc. whichever you studied.

Human - 20 marker was on internet usuage..most questions came from the picture but the last question was why is internet usage lower in the eastern european countries. B - Discuss site , situation and function of the map. C - Discuss the postive and negative impacts of human migration with exampleS< more than 1. I broke this up into positive impacts on host region and negative on donor regions. but im sure thats only 1 way.

Regional -i cant remember part A..nothing complicated B - primary in a perhiperal region im presuming it said ( because i did agriculture in mezzo in italy) C - Tertiary in either BMW OR GDA

Biomes -Discuss how soils , flora and fauna have adapted to the environment of the biome you have studied.

Human activity in the biome
    Yeah I think the first spoiler that was on the spreadsheet before this was more accurate.Can anyone confirm it please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

HL religion any hints at all anyone?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement