Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2012 **READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭EDmon

Hi,

What was the
    ecology Long and short
    questions on the DEB HL BIOLOGY mock?

Also:
    For the short questions can you tell me what the following questions were:
    propagation
    respiration
    photosynthesis

I'd really appreciate it! and if you need any other DEB exams just pm me!

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LeavingCert Dyslexic

anybody got examcraft HL maths paper 2? can swap for construction, biology or business?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 School Sucks!!!!

EDmon wrote: »
    Hi:) Can anyone tell me the exact question that came up for An Triail in the DEB paper please?
    the main theme of the play and how it is developed.

Thank-you very much:) Would I just
    tell the story making reference to the question and showing how the (/theme) is developed?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,183 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

anishboi wrote: »
    Ok, I have full details on DEB ENGLISH, GEOGRAPHY and CHEMISTRY,
    So post them please. Many people are looking for them.
    anishboi wrote: »
    But I would like detailed descriptions on BIOLOGY or GEOGRAPHY both DEB in return.

Thanks.

I'm afraid that's not how it works.
    It's people asking for PMs and swaps that has led to the gaps in the papers on this thread. If you have something, post it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 UC

Anybody know if there are any exam paper companies other than DEB and Examcraft?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,183 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

UC wrote: »
    Anybody know if there are any exam paper companies other than DEB and Examcraft?

There are at least four sending brochures to schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Laura.12

anybody know what topics come up for the paragraph in Deb french?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lesha

Ladedaa wrote: »
    I have English [HL] Paper 1+2, Irish [OL] paper 1+2, Maths [OL] paper 1+2, French [HL]. If anyone wants them.

Has anyone got anything for Geography or Business?
    Can i get english papers HL please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭EDmon

tell the story making reference to the question and showing how the (/theme) is developed?
    Yes, they used the word 'fobraíonn' which is like strengthened / developed so just give examples of whatever theme you choose, like fimíneach etc

• Registered Users Posts: 33 RoseanneB

Shempi wrote: »
    does anybody know if your school can choose deb papers AND examcraft?
    Someone told me they did their mocks already n all of their papers were deb... but i don't wanna rely on that and then end up learning off for the wrong paper :/

they're mixed x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 UC

spurious wrote: »
    There are at least four sending brochures to schools.
    Ah crap thanks. I think my school has been using all DEB but don't want to risk it. Ah well I have the whole of tomorrow to cram some more geography in. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 LCstress

Can someone please out up the geography examcraft exam !!!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 School Sucks!!!!

EDmon wrote: »
    Yes, they used the word 'fobraíonn' which is like strengthened / developed so just give examples of whatever theme you choose, like fimíneach etc

Thanks for your help:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 fukschool

Ok sorry for the spelling but im writing out all the papers i have. This is guna take a while.

Sorry mods im not quite sure how to use spoilers

ok
    DEB ENGLISH PAPER 1 HL
    question B's are.
    Write a letter to your local newspaper in which you persuade youmg people to vote
    You have been asked to nominate a young person of the yearwrite the reccomendation
    Write a text for a short radio talk where you explain the importance of education in your life

essays are.
    Write a story on which the time of year plays an important role
    write a personal essay on the cahllenges young people face today
    write an article to a serious newspaper revealing the truth.

DEB ENGLISH PAPER 2 HL
    Hamlet is not perfe t but still deserves admiration and sympathy or the audience
    deception is a fundamental theme

comparitive study vision and view point and literary genre

unseen poem first lesson by phyllis mcginley

poems plath,larkin,heaney and kinsella.

I have DEB maths paper one OL but thats just an effort
    paper 2,make surE you know
    scatter diagrams circle in a triangle simpsons rule area and volume em probability and just reading graphs and stem plot diagram.

GAEILGE EXAMCRAFT PAPER 1:
    sceal is your on an airplane and youve been longing for a holiday
    litir is write to your friend telling him about your summer job in a hotel

examcraft gaeikge paper two:
    describe what happens in caca milis and gearrsceal dis and the poems are an earrach thiar and ghra sa. Questions such as mothucain etc

Ill have another message with EXAMCRAFT CHEMISTRY and deb french and deb and examcraft history just wait :)

Read the first post for instructions as to how to use spoilers - Mod

not sure what company the bar-code is on top-left

one q is-->
    bleak picture of the sacrificial role played by women in society
    and other q is-->
    no villains in doll's house just miguided people

how bout those german and biology papers ;D

Thank you SO MUCH.

GERMAN HL EXAMCRAFT
    --Reading Comprehension 1:
    About a girl meeting her father at the train station. Q4 is to do with her relationship with her father.
    --Angewandte Grammatik:
    1. Put verbs into their infinitive, state which case they are in, whether they are singular or plural.
    2. Frageworter. Form a question using the verbs and prepositions given.
    --Reading Comprehension 2:
    An article about a vision-impaired boy and his school. Q4 asks you to give synonyms for the underlined words in the text.
    --Äußerung zum Thema:
    (a) Describe a picture showing visually-impaired students walking with canes. Give some examples of physical problems visually-impaired young people face. What can be done in schools to help integrate the visually-impaired with regular students?
    --Schriftliche Produktion:
    (a) Letter features the following themes: the Leaving Cert and its differences with the German school system, getting a summer job, the Olympic Games (including your interest in sport and your opinion on doping) and your Graduation Night.

Aural: Section 1: About a man (Tomas, age 40) who set up a Kung fu school to help kids with difficulty concentrating.
    Section 2: Phonecall from man who is looking for the doctor, who isn't there. He is angry because he had brought his wife to this doctor yesterday and he just said she was stressed and needed quiet, without taking tests. Now she is in hospital.
    Section 3: Conversation with aunt and nephew. Aunt is mad as the boy came home late. Nephew is deffensive.
    Section 4: Weather, man there block of bridge and hit car, but man was uninjured, Looking for 3 men who caused a disturbance in an eiscafe, Floods,...

BIO HL DEB
    Section 1.
    1.Question about trace elements in the human diet. A couple of other foody questions. Another question about a fat soluable vitamin and deficiency.
    2.Ecology easy stuff.
    3.Weird propogation question I can't remember completely, didn't do it.
    4.Photosynthesis
    5.Respiration
    6.Alveoli

Section 2
    1. Investigation of growth of leaf yeast on agar plate experiment.
    2. Effect of temperature on enzyme.
    3. The one where you put seeds on an aegar plate and see if they've started digesting the nutrient medium? I can't remember experiment name.

Section 3
    1.Ecology easy enough stuff. I'd learn the carbon cycle if I were you.
    2. Homeostasis, amoeba, something else (kidney maybe?)
    3.Genetic crosses and DNA stuff.
    4.Part a b c answer 2: Bacteria, mitosis, tissue.
    5.Part a b c answer 2: Brain/Sensory Neuron, Human Reproduction willy diagram and other stuff, heart heart diagram and heartbeat.
    6. Plant reproduction. Genetic engineering.

Additionally, more info on specific things-
    Know everything there is to know on the brain E.G. The areas.
    DNA - Rna and biomolecules
    Kidneys - Where and what hormone is secreted
    Bacteria - Know the growth phases.
    Protista ( Ameoba ) - Draw and label 3 areas ( excluding contractile vacuole )
    Heart - Label it and show where the blood flows. Also explain heartbeat.
    Ecology - You must know food pyramid , the limitations of it. Competition and is competition fiercer in same-species.
    Pollination- Cross + self pollination. Go over in detail , I ignored this.
    Neurons - Sensory , direction or impulse , also learn another system other than CNS a neuron is in. Also a disease e.g. Parkinsons- also a treatment e.g. electricity shock I believe.
    Lungs - Alveoli ( 3 adaptations - One cell thick, surrounded by capillaries ) Know the diagram you will have to label three parts.
    Propagation - Know and adapted stem and root and an example of each and the definitions.
    Reproduction - Know the diagram of a penis , where semial fluid is formed , a few others , and a sterile condition and its cause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 RabbitWhisper

fukschool wrote: »
    Ok sorry for the spelling but im writing out all the papers i have. This is guna take a while.

Ill have another message with EXAMCRAFT CHEMISTRY and deb french and deb and examcraft history just wait :)

can you get DEB religion pleasee??

Quick! Spoiler! D:

Examcraft chemistry
    sirry mids put in spoilers for me im on a tablet so i have no idea

Know the preparation of ethyne experiment
    questuons like name two impurities and whats this liquid etc just know the set up and chemicals used. Whats the common name for ethyne and which solvent does it dissolve in and state a major use for the gad.

Then know the molecular mass of a volatile liquid.
    You must explain what volitile and molecular mass mean and describe with a labelled diagram how ti get the molecular mass of a vilitile liquid. How may the pressure be measured and sime calculations and ****.

Rates of reactions draw q graph. Five factors that affect the rate if reaction. More calculatuons and three conditions necessary gor dust explosions. Sorry gor bad spelling im rushing through this.

State.le chatelieur principle. Whats a name guven ti an infustrial process. equibrilium ****. **** about maximise the yeild of amonia anf the conditions needed

study thr IUPAC that graph **** i didnt know it but if you know it u can answer the questions.

Describe a test that shows the presence of phosphate ions in an aqueoud silution

whats the greenhouse affect.three greenhouse gases.one source of tue gases. One gas in atmosphere which is not a greenhouse gas. Explain the role of the ocean cintrolling the gteen house affect. Sorry for spelling

Your Text Here [Spoiler]
    Don't need to use the spoiler icon if you can't find it on the tablet, just type in the above and put your text in the middle! - Mod

Yet again put in spoilers

HL EXAMCRAFT HISTORY
    DOCUMENT Q- India, 40mark q: why did so much violence happen/because of british withdrawal.
    SOVEREIGNTY AND PARTITION- What was the eucharistic congress and how involved was the irish government in organising it.
    Treaty Negotiations.
    N.IRELAND- What were the causes of and impact of the Coleraine University Controversy.
    Impact of the reforms on N.Ireland.
    DICTATORSHIP AND DEMOCRACY- What was the impact of Stalin's Showtrials?
    What led to the rise of fascism.
    Use of propeganda for the nazis.
    USA- How successful was america in the moon race.

Also Submitted)

Movements for Political and Social Reform 1870-1914: ?

Also)
    Movements for political and social reform,1870-1914
    1.To what extent was James Larkin's campaign to improve social and working conditions in Dublin successful?
    2.To what extent was Parnell responsible for his own downfall?
    3How successful was the GAA in its early years,1884-91
    4.What role did one or more play in irish affairs:edward Carson,hanna sheehy-skeffington,or Isabella Tod

• Registered Users Posts: 34 keith4594

don't help lchello asked for business in exchange for maths i said ok they never gave back maths this is not barganing place give what you can and people will try to help you in return

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 googlee

Okay so there are a lot of people out there looking for geography examcraft. Someone must have done it! If there is a god out there than lucky creature will come forward already and share it with us ! please. I usually don't do this but anyways. I will give anyone detailed information on any of these if you please let us all know what is on! I know (all examcraft btw) English, Irish, maths, spanish , Lcvp, Biology, Home ec, Lcvp.. ANyone ? anyone at all you has a heart SHARE YOUR KNOWLeDGE. Dont just pm people let us all know. People if i find out i will post it on this. I hope to get a reply soon :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 LCstress

By any chance have you done geog examcraft too ??

(french)
    The written ieces are an opinion piece on discrimination in ireland, A letter to book an appartment in Normandy or a diary entry that you have broken up with your girlfriend and the final question isa a picture saying to stop bullying at school and you have to give your opinion or an opinion piece on the importance of speaking several languages!

REALLY SORRY FOR NO SPOILERS BUT VOILA THERES ALL THE PAPERS ENJOY :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 keeki

ok
    DEB ENGLISH PAPER 1 HL
    question B's are.
    Write a letter to your local newspaper in which you persuade youmg people to vote
    You have been asked to nominate a young person of the yearwrite the reccomendation
    Write a text for a short radio talk where you explain the importance of education in your life

essays are.
    (spoiler)Write a story on which the time of year plays an important role
    write a personal essay on the cahllenges young people face today
    write an article to a serious newspaper revealing the truth.

DEB ENGLISH PAPER 2 HL
    Hamlet is not perfe t but still deserves admiration and sympathy or the audience
    deception is a fundamental theme

comparitive study vision and view point and literary genre

unseen poem first lesson by phyllis mcginley

poems plath,larkin,heaney and kinsella.

I have DEB maths paper one OL but thats just an effort
    paper 2,
    make surE you know
    (spoiler) scatter diagrams circle in a triangle simpsons rule area and volume em probability and just reading graphs and stem plot diagram.

GAEILGE EXAMCRAFT PAPER 1:
    sceal is your on an airplane and youve been longing for a holiday
    litir is write to your friend telling him about your summer job in a hotel

examcraft gaeikge paper two:
    describe what happens in caca milis and gearrsceal dis and the poems are an earrach thiar and ghra sa. Questions such as mothucain etc

could you please email me the deb OL maths paper 1 .. thanks , i will help you with anything i can in return x

Do not put your email address on a public forum. Use the PM function if necessary, but do not PM hints to eachother, just put them on the thread please - Mod

Does anyone have any idea on what's coming up in history OL in either examcraft or DEB? I am absolutely desperate.

<3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 jclol

Anyone done DEB Biology today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 lauren333

Can anyone help me? i have irish paper 2 and biology tomorrow. anyone know what the questions for poetry and pros and An Triail are about, the exact questions would be of great help!! also any hints or tips for biology would be much appreciated!!

jclol wrote: »
    Anyone done DEB Biology today?

DEB BIO HL
    Section 1.
    1.Question about trace elements in the human diet. A couple of other foody questions. Another question about a fat soluable vitamin and deficiency.
    2.Ecology easy stuff.
    3.Weird propogation question I can't remember completely, didn't do it.
    4.Photosynthesis
    5.Respiration
    6.Alveoli

Section 2
    1. Investigation of growth of leaf yeast on agar plate experiment.
    2. Effect of temperature on enzyme.
    3. The one where you put seeds on an aegar plate and see if they've started digesting the nutrient medium? I can't remember experiment name.

Section 3
    1.Ecology easy enough stuff. I'd learn the carbon cycle if I were you.
    2. Homeostasis, amoeba, something else (kidney maybe?)
    3.Genetic crosses and DNA stuff.
    4.Part a b c answer 2: Bacteria, mitosis, tissue.
    5.Part a b c answer 2: Brain/Sensory Neuron, Human Reproduction willy diagram and other stuff, heart heart diagram and heartbeat.
    6. Plant reproduction. Genetic engineering.

Additionally, more info on specific things-
    Know everything there is to know on the brain E.G. The areas.
    DNA - Rna and biomolecules
    Kidneys - Where and what hormone is secreted
    Bacteria - Know the growth phases.
    Protista ( Ameoba ) - Draw and label 3 areas ( excluding contractile vacuole )
    Heart - Label it and show where the blood flows. Also explain heartbeat.
    Ecology - You must know food pyramid , the limitations of it. Competition and is competition fiercer in same-species.
    Pollination- Cross + self pollination. Go over in detail , I ignored this.
    Neurons - Sensory , direction or impulse , also learn another system other than CNS a neuron is in. Also a disease e.g. Parkinsons- also a treatment e.g. electricity shock I believe.
    Lungs - Alveoli ( 3 adaptations - One cell thick, surrounded by capillaries ) Know the diagram you will have to label three parts.
    Propagation - Know and adapted stem and root and an example of each and the definitions.
    Reproduction - Know the diagram of a penis , where semial fluid is formed , a few others , and a sterile condition and its cause.

OL HISTORY? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 simpsons93

Yet again put in spoilers

<history post>

Do have any of the essays in history for the
    gov. economy and society in the R.O.I. 1949-1989?

• Advertisement

simpsons93 wrote: »
    Do have any of the essays in history for the
    gov. economy and society in the R.O.I. 1949-1989?
    You don't know OL do ya? :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement